Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marajuana has 3x more tar than cigs?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by GreenRangerFOH, Aug 13, 2012.

1. what is this marajuana you speak of

2. yo stfu

3. Fuck it no ones died from it so
    Idgas

4. Cool Thread OP

5. It's like... Healthier tar... If that makes sense.
    Just eat edibles if your a puss.

6. Lol the tar is just resin. Hit it outta bong or vape to reduce the tar.

7. marijuana doesn't have tar in it. when you burn it some tar gets inhaled but it isn't as bad for you as ciggerettes.
    from JAMA erlier this year
    "Main Outcome Measures Forced expiratory volume in the first second of expiration (FEV1) and forced vital capacity (FVC).

Results Marijuana exposure was nearly as common as tobacco exposure but was mostly light (median, 2-3 episodes per month). Tobacco exposure, both current and lifetime, was linearly associated with lower FEV1 and FVC. In contrast, the association between marijuana exposure and pulmonary function was nonlinear (P < .001): at low levels of exposure, FEV1 increased by 13 mL/joint-year (95% CI, 6.4 to 20; P < .001) and FVC by 20 mL/joint-year (95% CI, 12 to 27; P < .001), but at higher levels of exposure, these associations leveled or even reversed. The slope for FEV1 was −2.2 mL/joint-year (95% CI, −4.6 to 0.3; P = .08) at more than 10 joint-years and −3.2 mL per marijuana smoking episode/mo (95% CI, −5.8 to −0.6; P = .02) at more than 20 episodes/mo. With very heavy marijuana use, the net association with FEV1 was not significantly different from baseline, and the net association with FVC remained significantly greater than baseline (eg, at 20 joint-years, 76 mL [95% CI, 34 to 117]; P < .001).

Conclusion
    Occasional and low cumulative marijuana use was not associated with adverse effects on pulmonary function."
    http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/307/2/173

8. Where is granny when we need her.

9. [quote name='"EastCoastSwag"']Where is granny when we need her.[/quote]

Pretty sure she's answered this same topic like 3 times this month

10. Lol true.

11. Link me to this granny you speak of.

12. Even if it's true, which it's not
    I'm not stopping

13. Your all retarted marijuana doss leave more tar thans tobacco but it doesn't contain certain chemicals that make it stay on your lungs . So basically it does but your lungs can clean it .

14. Saying you get tar in your lungs is so cliche.

Truth be told, the problem with smoking is the carcinogens. You know hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide things like that are the problem.

Honestly if you're worried about black lungs from weed smoke--don't. You have cigarettes and if you want just lick tar off the ground when they pave the roads. That'll turn some heads.

Also if you're going to insult people please use the right spelling, it just makes you look like an uneducated, undesirable person.

15. Dude...please refrain from calling people "retarted". lmfao

16. Even if it did, I wouldn't give a fuck. Weed hasn't killed anyone, so I think the benefits far outweigh the costs.

17. I've never been able to find a study with reasonable evidence that would point to marijuana having 3x more tar than cigarettes. I believe the statement is foul, and should be ignored until proper medical evidence can be provided. People spread many lies and rumors about cannabis, which aren't true. This is one of them. I've heard about the tar being "10x worse than cigarettes". Honestly, I'd like to see one REAL study on any negatives that this herb can cause upon our bodies.

18. No, a JOINT can have up to 3x the amount of tar of a cig. It's because the resin builds up in the paper. But they are two different forms of tar, so its like comparing apples and oranges.

19. Even if it does have tar, it wouldn't matter because THC is an expectorant and it clears out your lungs.