Maple Syrup

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Incredi Nugs, Jan 24, 2012.

1. I prefer to use organic maple syrup and aloe juice when I'm going to do a soil drench or foliage spray. I found this little bit of info I thought I would share...I will say I do use molasses as well, to break up consistency.

Maple syrup is mainly sucrose, with small amounts of fructose and glucose. It also contains potassium,calcium, zinc, manganese and amino acids, as well as antioxidant compounds. Last, but not least, maple syrup is a pre-biotic, helping to nourish pro-biotic bacteria which enrich the soil and help to sustain the processes.

Any additional thoughts are defiantly welcomed.

2. If thoughts are "defiantly" welcome, I feel a bit intimidated giving mine.;) Just kiddin IN. We went through the whole deal of syrup, apple juice, etc. back in the day, and from an outdoor gardener's perspective, all I can say is it drew fire ants in like mad.
    Of course the Gurus of the day were convinced, and I quote Lumperdawgs expression"stoner scientists", that somehow these products would make a sweeter smoke. I personally believe my 1st experiences with fire ant mounds developing around the base, and eventually killing a good %age of plants in my younger day was directly related to all the sweet goodness I dumped out for them.There's probably a lot more science behind it than simply sugar attraction. I still use molasses, and probably always will, because the older you get the harder it is to re-fuckulate the brain compartment.
    In my short time here at GC, I have learned a little about aloe and agave. I've been using aloe fillets in aerated vegetable garden and aquarium water for years, all the while not knowing of any of it's benefits other than a wetting agent and parasite preventative. Needless to say, my 1st and foremost gaden project this spring will be to re-establish the aloe beds that got waxed by the 10-11 winters, and to get a portable batch going in some containers just in case of more shitty winters.

3. We make our own maple syrup up here in Maine.

I get out of it easy, tho. We have a family that comes and taps our trees, does all the boiling labor, and sends a few gallons our way when they're done.

I definetly wouldn't be against using maple syrup as a replacement for molasses in an AACT.

Jerry.

4. We make our own maple syrup up here in Maine.

I get out of it easy, tho. We have a family that comes and taps our trees, does all the boiling labor, and sends a few gallons our way when they're done.

I definetly wouldn't be against using maple syrup as a replacement for molasses in an AACT.

Jerry.

5. I don't think I could give maple syrup to my plants. It's just too yummy.

6. Kind of related, has anyone tried malt extract used for beer making? It comes in a liquid or dry powder. The main ingredient is barley. Barley is a starch that turns to sugar after a proper boil. And barley is full of enzymes.......MIW

7. We made sugar maple syrup once.
    The 102 year old lady I cared for often craved the malted mil product. Her husband invented the floating bridge which spans from Seattle across Lake Wa. They had a walkin refrigerator ....
    It was said he came to the notion while shaving.
    So I like the phrase said above ref*ckulate the brain... thanks... that's funny
    url

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PoppyBGood, please say more about your aloe fillets and your aerated garden. And use of aloe in aquarium water. I thought bubbling water wouldn't mind some fillets of aloe. I aerate my plants by sticking air tubes through a hole in the pond plant pots that I use. Good for my OCD to overwater.
    Thanks
    url

9. "Men are so simple and so much inclined to obey immediate needs that a deceiver will never lack victims for his deceptions" - Niccolo Machiavelli

Nothing but the best for my dank!

"So thick. So rich. And still just as sweet!"

[​IMG]

10. No, but I've used what I didn't save for the next batch, of the spent yeast from the primary fermenter around my fruit trees. The grass certainly picked up.

Mainly, I was just cleaning out the carboy.

Wet

11. I keep aloe and Paulownia trees inside too...just an idea. Very mineral heavy.

12. We do that here for the hay...a family comes and cuts it, comes back and flips it, comes back and bales it. They take it all away, and give me to some bales to work with, and I get a nicely cut field! for free!!!

• Like Like x 1

13. Throw the stuff in a blender, then add it to the water when it's pureed. Much much easier to work with.
    I have killed plants trying to 'airate the roots'. They really don't like being messed with, just my experience....

14. Honestly. I wouldn't use a different kind of syrup on my waffles. I don't like real maple syrup. At least the stuff I have tried. Prefer that stuff :smoke:. I would rather pour my real maple syrup on my plants :confused_2:. Probably not a good thing :hello:.

15. You're just another typical Maple Syrup HATER!!!!

LMAO

16. Not me. I'm a maple syrup lover.

Ya simply cannot beat real New England maple syrup.

Sometimes we heat some up good and pour it boiling onto fresh snow. It comes out like maple taffy.

If you don't heat it you can pour it over snow and it makes like a maple slush puppy.

I still think a teaspoon would be good in an AACT too. Just another natural sugar.

Organic, too.

Jerry.

17. Screw maple syrup - when I make pancakes I go with unsulfured blackstrap molasses! I want that Magnesium & Calcium for some reason that I can't remember.

Molasses reminds me of a weekend in a motel on Tobacco Road somewhere in West Virginia! Take me out of here country roads - please!

LD

18. real maple syrup is a fine addition to a sweet heat type bbq sauce, but still a distance 2nd to tupelo honey.

19. poppybgood

Agave Nectar has a place in BBQ sauces because while it is sweet (very sweet), it doesn't have a strong flavor profile like even honey or maple syrup. Fine flavors for sure, but Agave nectar is a preferred sweetener for diabetics like myself because of its relatively low glycemic-index numbers.

You can even use in coffee where honey or maple syrup might not be your first choice. But here again, molasses my preferred sweetener for my coffee! You can never have too much Magnesium or Calcium can you?

LD

LD

20. Dis all I gotta say bout dat.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq3YLhtuzTQ]Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey - YouTube[/ame]
    Dis wat my hoes be tasin like afta duh blcakstrap.