manure and fertilizing schedule.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kaBLAM, Oct 8, 2009.

1. my soil bag says that it has composted manure in it.

does this mean that i shouldn't fertilize for the first month? is this akin to having fertilizer in the soil already?

i am having SLIGHT nute burn...i put in 1/16 strength MG all purpose the other day and now I've got some crispy leaf tips. nothing too bad. but still sucky nonetheless.

i'm thinking it's cause the soil had manure in it? maybe? anyone?

other details: plants are about 3 weeks old...they are working on their 4th leaf set. look healthy besides some crispiness on the very bottom leaves. which i am assuming is nute burn.

2. bump

i don't have a camera otherwise i'd have pics...i'll try and give any other details you need.

3. Your shouldn't be feeding your plant until it has several 7 or 9 finger leaves. A good quality potting soil should have enough nutrients to last your plant for most if not all of your veg cycle. I would estimate that a good 75% of the people on grasscity over fertilize their plants. Just let the plant use the nutrients that are available to it. When you start flowering is when you should add some bloom nutrients.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

4. 7-9 finger leaves!!!

and here i read that you should start fertilizing in the 2nd to 4th week.

CRAZY.

thank god i used such a dilute amount!!!

should i use anything at all in the veggin' period before those larger finger leaves? i have aquarium water...and molasses too. would those be better? or for real, should i use NOTHING.

the soil was generic 3.00 / bag local soil. the ingredients were compost, composted manure, and peat moss. i'm not sure it was the best soil...i added some perlite and it seems to be doing the job. my only other alternative was MG Organic.

5. Yea really. These plants are pretty hearty. You want your women healthy curvy and sweet smelling. Over fed girls are rarely healthy or sweet smelling but defeinetly have a ton of curves. Just let them grow, then they get bigger give them a little fertilizers and see how they do. Less is more.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan