Manual or Automatic?

Discussion in 'General' started by skurfy007, Feb 12, 2009.

1. right on!!! i would have included the part about road head but i am a girl so its not as easy. But yeah, manual all the way, guys who don't know how to drive a manual car automatically lose points on my list. I got a 07' g35 coupe its my baby, bought it with money i saved up from dealing :) and a 1957 mustang also manual.

2. Word of warning, talk of that sort is looked down upon around here.

Just making sure ya don't get hit by the ol banhammer.

3. i like manuals more but i drive an auto

4. manual till i die

5. Lol I get it hah. I was like wtf, then...oh.

6. Oh yea, I only buy manuals.
    Love em.

7. Manual is the only way. Autos are pretty much big go-carts for retards.

People say manual is hard, pfffft moving a tiny stick around and pushing ONE extra pedal, haha heaven forbid ANYONE having to do all that.

Manuals are better -

Control

Power

Cost

Life out of car

and

Fun.

8. Manual FTW. Whenever I drive an Automatic, my left leg keeps kicking the dead pedal trying to push in an imaginary clutch haha

and imo, Semi-Automatic is an Automatic transmission, unless you're talking about SMG which technically is a manual transmission...but if it doesnt have a clutch its auto in my eyes

lol this one "friend" of mine was trying to show off his PT cruiser, and I got in, and it was auto but he was like "But check this out!! Im shiftin like a manual man, im awesome"

oh and BMW ftw:smoking:

9. i say auto because thats all i got. i never tried to drive a stick, i need to practice.

10. 5 speed or 6 speed manual.

11. always manual. automatic feels like your playing an arcade racing game like cruisin' usa or something. anyone feel that way after driving a manual for a long time then driving an automatic?

12. i like both.

i love the feeling of actually driving my talon, not riding in it.

but i also like gliding in a 96 impala SS on 22's. 4l60e

13. I've always been a manual guy, but I definitely appreciate automatics. Back when I was still living in NoVA I was working for NIH up in Bethesda, MD...about a 30 minute drive when traffic was clear on 495, sometimes an hour or more when it wasn't. At that time I was driving a manual 2000 VW Jetta TD and I would curse that fucking car every single day when I had to sit in traffic. On the clutch, off the clutch, on the clutch again...just got annoying.

So I guess if I don't have to deal with traffic, give me a manual. If traffic is going to be an every day thing, then I'll take an auto, hands down.

14. i love auto, im lazy lol. but my first car was a manual and it was ok, the power thing is right, but its just easier with a auto i think, ive taugt this one girl i knew how to drive and it was ina manuel and she caught on quick

15. ^You know this.

Another reason: automatics are more expensive, cost a fortune to replace and blow up more often.

Nothing like having to shell out £4000 for a new auto-box! Manual always.

16. Hey anyone from nj know anyone with some manual car for sale? within southern 3/4 of nj under 2 gs.

just thought id throw that out there.

Im sick of seing so many good cars, just to read the ad a little bit further to see the word automatic

i test rode this plymouth laser but it has some serious room and visual/sight issues