Manifolding or Mainlining - Need Advice

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by StickyBudHound, May 28, 2018.

1. I have intended to start my next grow using the manifold technique found on growweedeasy.com

Nebula's Manifold - Cannabis "Main-Lining" | Grow Weed Easy

My problem is I'm not sure where to make the first cut to start the process. It appears that the example given shows a plant with perfectly equal nodes with leaf pairs at the exact same level as each other. My plants are staggered with those leaves and that's why I am unsure where that first cut should go.

I would appreciate help from an experienced grower who knows this technique well.

Thanks! 1527534698229.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I decided to just go with the nodes closest to each other. Here's the result for my four plants.

Look alright?
    IMG_20180528_141350.jpg IMG_20180528_141439.jpg

3. Those look like clones. Manifolding is done best from seed with even nodes. Clones tend to alternate nodes. It can still be done with clones, from what I’ve read, but it may not end up as a true mainline

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ya clones are a bit tricky like that. Preferably you'd want to start from seed to have everything balanced out and perfect.

20180525_082729.jpg
    Topped at node 1 and topped twice after for 4 nodes from there out its lst and minute topping to keep the canopy even. Not saying it can't be done with clones just not as clean

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the info! I wondered why they weren't even on each side. A friend of mine does grow from seed and his are perfectly even. I got one of my clones from him. I'll just have to go with the flow, I guess.

I appreciate you both putting some knowledge in the game for me!

• Like Like x 1
  6. One side might grow faster than the other but i think you'll do fine! Keep it updated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I i
    Good to know. I've been just using LST mostly and ending up with too many smaller colas. Looking to increase size/girth with just 8 and train better to accommodate my ceiling height limitations.

I intend to do another grow journal on these but not until they hit the grow room. I'm still experimenting to find what style/techniques work best for my environment. I'll post the link to this grow on this thread. Come along for the ride if you like! :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  8. If your branches are a little on the thinner side, I've found that pipe cleaners really help with positioning them and tying them down without damage. Fish hooks and weights work well also but can get sticky. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. I believe there is a section in Nebula Haze's tutorial which explains how to mainline with clones.

10. Thanks, Mick. I checked on it again. Although, there is a short blurb about the nodes on clones compared to seed that I hadn't seen, it also says Nebula's will only deal with working from plants grown from seed. I should have been looking on my PC instead of my phone; easy to miss stuff. I probably wouldn't have missed the node part it talks about for the clones...
    Screenshot_20180530-045413.jpg Screenshot_20180530-045301.jpg