Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mangoes :)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kimvia, May 25, 2010.

1. well sounds like a placebo type myth to me.......and if your like me...you would need alot of mangos to get through to the brain:D

2. #22 BryanDaniel, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
    Alright so I gave it a shot and unfortunately I'm going to have to say that eating the mangos didn't do a thing for me. I had a mango about an hour before smoking AND another about 10-20 minutes before smoking, as I figured that covered a pretty good range of time in case the mango needed more or less time in your system to yield a better high. I can honestly say I did not notice one difference better or worse during my high, and in fact didn't even think about the fact that I had eaten mangos just a little while earlier. That kind of led me to believe that this is more of a placebo thing. I feel like if you had just eaten a mango or two and were sitting there thinking "oh man I just ate mangos I'm going to get an awesome boost in my high," then you're much more likely to trick yourself into believing that you are. However this is just my opinion, and until I go about testing it in a more controlled scientific manner, I'm willing to believe that it could maybe give your high a little boost, and that it also may vary person to person. For the record I'm 5'11" and 125 pounds so I'm a bit of a lightweight and would like to believe that if it were to affect anyone, it would certainly effect me. However I would like to give this another shot as I have an epic dank pick up and an epic mango pick up happening very soon. I would love to go about testing this a little more methodically (trying to establish a set level of tolerance, smoke the exact same amount each time, eating different amounts mango, eating it closer to/farther away from smoking time, etc) and post back more conclusive results. I can tell you all that the mango I ate after smoking was fucking amazing :D

I look forward to posting back!
    Peace:smoke:

3. This made me literally lol :)

It's very possible that it could be a placebo effect for me, or that re-inhaling the smoke made me higher, and the mangoes didn't have much to do with it. But yeah, I can't wait to see how your more controlled tests go! :smoking:

4. I did the mango test about 2 weeks ago with my friends (3 of them). Results: They were high as balls, I however wasn't that affected. I was high, but not as intense as I expected. We smoked 30-45 mins after munching on mangoes. Vape sesh with a refill, Bong sesh 2 bowls. I was moderately high but 2 of my friends were sky high hah. My girlfriend was the same as me, just moderately high. Maybe ill try it again, see if results for myself differ. (maybe my tolerance was higher? I definently took more hits and held smoke in longer). Possible variable: I had smoked for the past week every day and my friends havent smoked for 2 weeks prior to that mango sesh. I took a break now for a week n a half, gunna try it again once everyone is home from college :smoking:

Im thinking of having like a giant mango smoothie or something good like that and then smoke it up 60 mins after. lemme know what works best for you. btw im 5'10' 140 lbs if it helps. hope my observations help