Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mangoes :)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kimvia, May 25, 2010.

1. Just ate a couple mangoes (the small, yellow, teardrop shaped kind) at 6:55. How long should I wait till I smoke? I've never done the mango thing before, so I'll come back on later tonight with a report :smoke:

2. i hear you're supposed to smoke 45-90 minutes after eating the mango

3. Everyone says an hour so spark up.

4. jus curious how old are you??? ive never heard of mangoroos ever adding or intensifying anything but juice...but jus curious for your report

5. I've heard that you usually want to wait about an hour. thatway the mangoes can digest

6. #6 Kimvia, May 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
    Jeeze y'all were fast:eek: much appreciated.

and when I said 6:55, that was 5 min before I started this thread, for people in different time zones, should have clarified.

So cool, I'll wait an hour then, thanks guys I'll +rep you all for speedyness and info, lol.

7. Oh wow, I didn't even realize that was a possibility. One too many :bongin:'s, enjoy.

8. I believe its called myrcene found in mango's and the same in MJ which combining both together helps intensify the strength and length of the stone. Thats what I read but never tried before. 1 hr to spark up by the way

9. I'm 20 :)

But yeah, I've always heard about eating mangoes before you toke and that it does something with your blood-brain barrier that lets THC get into your brain more... something like that... :confused_2:

Yeah, I'll get back on later tonight and let y'all know :)

10. It allows the THC to enter your bloodstream quicker, you'll see exactly what that means. See ya up there, :p.

11. Nifty, something to ponder in a couple hours :p

12. i thought you were supposed to do it after you blaze but idk. the same chemical (myrcene) is also in hopps which is what beer is made of. and i had like 7 beers after blazin and DAMN it was good

13. interesting, didn't know that :) My roommate who is taking a pharmacology course told me that if you drink a lot of alcohol while stoned you could get alcohol poisining easily, because normally if you drink too much you just puke and then you're ok, but the pot can make you not throw up, so you can't get rid of the excess alcohol... idk if she's 100% right, but it made sence to me :p

14. I've always been curious about this, can't wait to hear how it turns out. Happy sparking.

15. Hope it does wonders for you man, I tried it about a week ago. I smoked less than I normally do, and I felt just as high as if I smoked more. It could have been phsycological, but hey it worked. I did it exactly 1 hour later too from eating the mango.

16. Ok, so I changed two things about how I smoke this time compared to my usual.
    1. I ate two of the small yellow tear drop mangoes, both slightly overripe, one hour before smoking.
    And 2. due to my boy friends suggestion, after each puff I exhaled the smoke into a plastic bag, and after sipping water, etc I re-inhaled the smoke in the bag. I did that for each puff.
    The result: I was just as high as usual (with a brief period immediately after smoking that was way higher than usual) but I just smoked like a 1/4 or a 1/5 what I usually smoke of this weed (high mids:rolleyes: ). I felt it go to my brain much faster than normal.

So in conclusion: I don't know if it was the mangoes or re-breathing the smoke, but I got the same high with much less bud, much less time, and fewer tokes. So, assuming that mangoes and plastic bags aren't really expensive, then this is a great way to save money :)

you guys should go try it soon and come back here and share your experiences :smoke:

Have fun and sorry if this sounds weird, I write differently that normal when high, lol.

17. Sounds cool, I'm definitely going to try the mangoes.

18. That's exactly what happened to me. I posted it earlier :D!

19. Have one before AND after :D
    Mangos are my favorite fruit and my favorite kind are finally in season again. Best mangos I've ever had. I think I'm going to give it a shot tonight:hello:

20. Great guys, come back and let us know how it went :)