Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Man, smoking weed now is... depressing?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jiafu, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Probably the meds you're taking....  Most of those only make things worse in the long run. Eventually you're taking them just to avoid being even worse off than you were before.

2. this^ OP  i think if you have the option it would be worth while to stop taking those antidepressants for a little while

3. #23 Rochester, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    Tolerance issue man the higher it gets the less satisfying being high gets it got to the point were I honestly hated it.
    I've got mild depression as well and I can personally say I self medicated you may also and when your tolerance gets to a certain point weed no longer works as a "pick me up" and instead leaves one feeling unsatisfied or depressed.

4. Do you smoke alone? Maybe try smoking with other people who bring positivity. If that doesn't work then it might be time to take a break bud. A long break. Not just a couple days. Try a year or more. Workout, eat healthy, all those lifestyle changes. I've gone through this.. as have a lot of other blades here at the city.

Best of luck buddy.

5. #25 Lawlerskates, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    It's probably because you're on a weed binge to make up for your depression. I've been using weed daily for over 5 years, and occasionally long before that - I don't need to use more than 1g a day to be baked all day. If you need significantly more than that, you've ruined with tolerance with excess. Just cut back. You don't need so much weed to get high. Learn to appreciate that less is more. Learn to be productive while you're high.

I've always taken to this belief but that's one of the best ways I've seen it put. I really think it explains why many of the world's best and brightest are also depressed, they see the world for what it really is and some find it hard to hold on to the little good that there is in the world.

That being said, if one is an intelligent, complex being by nature, incorporating some of the simpler things really may not help. I know weed was actually one of the major factors in my realization of many of the harsh realities of the world (as well as seeing many of the wonders and miracles of it).

7. When I went through my depression (still battling it) sometimes my high was depressing and not all that great and always felt guilty about it.

And when I would wake up after smoking I felt even more depressed and lazy. I would just kind of give it a full break till you start getting over the depression because weed can fuck with your body chemistry and hinder you medications ability to work properly.

I still have minor depression, but my highs are a lot better so I know where your coming from on this topic. I still get those depressed feelings after smoking but it goes away throughout the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #28 Guest, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014

I sometimes feel as if I have some sort of depression. However I toke for pain due to an injury. A couple grams/day for a couple years. Now I'll toke a J, will get slightly high for 5-10 minutes and then I'm practically sober…. but pain doesn't return until the cannabis "wears off completely" at which point I need another J.
    I used to toke just to toke  (how most people have a drink once in a while), but lately I've been toking just to not feel bad. Sober feels different. Slightly high during the day keeps me stable and all my pain away. How do you afford so much bud? I'm still confused. I find indices' are great for the night, stick to saliva's during the day… they keep you alert and up-beat! 
    Sometimes it is not so much about the high, but your state-of-mind before smoking, what are you doing, what are you thinking, the environment you are in, etc.

9. If you smoke to be entertained or happy then that's your problem.  It's what you do after toking up that's important.  Get out and do something after blazing.  Don't just expect to be happy and entertained when smoking.  

10. Try and keeping yourself occupied maybe only smoke after a certain time each day,slowly wean yourself off as for pain I'm not sure how intolerable it can get for it you but try some valarien root it'll relax ya for sure. I've never had money issues as far as bud is concerned I won't guy into why or how but let's just say I've always had an inf supply. Personally I find if I start smoking I'm forced to continue throughout the day or suffer the horrible burnout. I'd simply recommend slowly tapering down your usage in the long run you'll find yourself a much happier healthier person and your lungs will certainly love you I know mine did hope this helps.

Hmmm interesting, Valarien root, I will have to look that up. To put it in perspective, have you ever been in so much pain you had to throw up? It will straight put me on the floor, right where I am standing if it is bad enough. As for the bud, I try to go as long as I can without it, and usually end up hitting it around mid-day. After that I need it every couple of hours. I try to just hit small little joints that I can finish comfortably in one time. My vape doesn't seem to do the job (pain-relief-wise), and my bong leaves me with a hacking-cough. 

12. Damn I'm sorry to hear you going through that much pain, Valarien root is alot like CBD it'll totally relax your mind and body without the high I guess you'd have to look into alternate forms of pain management but i'd stay away from pharma's I've seen to many people go down a very bad path because of it.

13. #33 aPersonUponaHill, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    He needs to exercise daily, you will never need to take t-breaks again. Get your body fat down and exercise. This exercise will also help your depression more than any of those medications you are taking.

Exercise is really one of the best medicines! I am trying to get back on the train, just going to ease back into it. I've tried many times to get back into the gym but always go for a few days, then pain, then extended break. I figured if I just go in and do some light cardio and work my way back to where I was by no time! Trust me, I was a crazy gym fanatic, and my work was paying off!  Plus I always noticed I had a much lower tolerance/ nicer higher when I was working out / after a workout. Your body releases all kinds of awesome chemicals when you work out. I'm sure STORM CROW can elaborate on the "medical"/scientific part of things  ;).