Man sentenced to 60 days for having a bible study in his own house...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Jul 9, 2012.

1. im not exactly a supporter of various religions.. but if everybody went there to learn about their silly bible stories all on their own.. who the hell cares? its not like the guy had a bowl of punch for a mass suicide.

2. I'm calling bullshit.

3. This strikes a very blow on the very principles america was founded on. Freedom of religion especially christianity is what america was built for.

4. #5 garrison68, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    If he wanted to set up a church, he should have done it legally. The fire department was concerned about the safety of those on the premises during the religious services. There was a total of 67 building code and safety violations.

He had his court date, then the appeal, and he lost. Case closed.

5. #6 Deleted member 472633, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    Come to Texas its LEGAL to shoot a cop on YOUR PROPERTY if he doesn't have a warrant and you feel threatened. However as the state is becoming more democrat those days will be soon past us. :(
    I almost did once. The pigs just started searching my property for a fugitive (I didn't even know the person) WITHOUT a warrant.

6. Super encroachment on the first amendment. Case Closed.

7. If you don't like the local zoning laws, move, or get the local zoning board to change them. Was the sentence too stiff? That is a matter of laws written by jailers, who themselves all masquerade as legislators, so yes, probably. But...

He was in repeat violation, and is not a house of worship, so he has to behave like the rest, there is no exclusion for supposed morality of the violators.

Anyone crying about this being a violation of the first amendment is just being asinine. Zoning laws are a bitch everywhere, but they are amendable.

And anyone who needs a group environment to study a bible, is either socially needy, or looking to sell something, but true words do not need translators, unless the readers are illiterate. That would explain their lack of understanding of the words repeat violation.

This country has more churches than it needs, since they are all nothing but tax-free businesses selling a good they do not possess. If you ask me, every church in America should go out of business from lack of interest in the purchase of nothing from no one. But, with clever people having bible study at home, let's be even more obvious...

Jesus never read the bible, and if he had, he would never have stopped crying, not because he was mistreated, but because someone wrote it so that no one can read it right.

Much like the American Constitution!

8. [quote name='"Tripace"']

Here's my personal zoning law, if I see one cop step foot on my property, i am shooting first and asking questions later! America needs to take our property back, fuck their "zoning laws"! If its your house, they can't tell you shit![/quote]

Soo... you go to jail for attempted murder of a police officer, when he was just going to tell you that there is a criminal on the loose in your neighborhood.

See you in prison, OP! I'm sure your "personal zoning laws" will hold up well in court!

9. #10 BongRips4Life, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    ^^ you scared little sheep. go back under the rock you came from. meanwhile people who do not live in constant fear are going to take the fight straight to these tyrants.

10. [quote name='"BongRips4Life"']^^ you scared little sheep. go back under the rock you came from. meanwhile people who do not live in constant fear are going to take the fight straight to these tyrants.[/quote]

why would I fear cops? I'm agnostic. I don't have an illegal bible study going on in my house. what do I have to be afraid of?

I just don't see what going to prison for killing a cop is gonna solve.

You just killed someone's dad.

11. Not surprised at all. Saw an episode of penn and teller where a dude went to jail for not keeping his lawn green, as it was a neighborhood requirement. A lot of neighbors went out with green spray paint after that and painted the dirt green.

12. You wont go to prison in Texas

13. [quote name='"HongKongPhooey"']
    You wont go to prison in Texas[/quote]

k

still solves nothing. you just killed an innocent person because you don't like zoning laws..?

14. They were searching my neighbors backyard one night in liberal buttfuck california. So my buddy comes outside and says, can I help you? I lived nextdoor so I was watching through a dark window. They drew their guns and yelled at him to get the fuck back inside.....HIS OWN HOUSE!!!!

He slams the door and his dogs were going crazy. I heard a cop say, "those dogs get lose and I'll shoot them. They come walking over to my grandmas house where I was staying and ask if they could search for a fugitive in my yard.

I told them if there was a fugitive in my yard, he'd already be sitting in cuffs on the curb, I showed them my cuffs, they background searched me, found nothing and moved on.

Guess it pays to have insomnia and be a little crazy.

They probably didn't want to fuck with this weirdo lmfao!

15. You guys jealous of us in Arizona yet? :cool:

16. I didnt kill anybody?:confused:

17. [quote name='"HongKongPhooey"']
    I didnt kill anybody?:confused:[/quote]

when I said "you" i was speaking generally. Everybody in this thread is saying "fuck zoning laws I'll kill a cop if he steps on my lawn" when that obviously isn't gonna change the zoning laws.

18. The pastor, who also owns a burger restaurant, began serving his sixty-day sentence this morning, for refusing to comply with fire safety and zoning laws.

19. Glad to see this is entertaining you garrison.. hopefully this ends in bloodshed amirite?