Male?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mainegrower84, Aug 11, 2017.

1. IMG_1245.JPG My plants are 5 weeks from sprout and just started alternating nodes. I noticed this little ball thing on one of them. Does it look like an early sign of a male? Or is it still too early? Thanks

2. Its too early to tell.
    You cant tell gender until you flip them to flower. That looks like node growth. That ball is gonna be a branch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Ok thanks man

4. It's too early to determine and some plants will show pre-flowers before they go into flower. It definitely is not a branch like the above poster suggested.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah I looked at it closer and tbh it might actually be a male.
    Everything I've heard explains the male preflower looking just like that.
    I'd say give it a week or two and if you see more than one like that its a male.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yea I was hoping I would get really lucky and have all females lol jk. This is my first grow. kinda a practice run so if I gotta get rid of one or two I'll still have two more( one is guaranteed female) to learn with. But I shouldn't be concerned with pollination yet right?

7. Not until the flowers are mature and you know for certain its a male.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the info guys. This is my first grow and I'll take all the help I can get.