male =(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ehngage, Jun 4, 2012.

1. So I've been very casually growing one Cannabis plant in an indoor homemade grow box. The grow is going fantastic! the plant is doing not too bad for my first run doing this. But I've made the sad realization today that it is in fact a male plant and not a female =(

I think I've known its a male for a little while, I've just been in denial and thinking that it maybe is a female, haha. But I guess its time to start over =( I think I'll just move this male somewhere and keep it growing as decoration! It looks beautiful!

2. I did the same thing on my first grow. Except I was 4/4 on them all being male! Owell;; go ahead and tear him down and chalk it up as experience. His pollen could really mess up your next grow of hopefully females!!
    Glad to hear it grew well though;good luck man!

3. Thanks! I realize the pollen could alter my female/give her seeds. But I think I'm gonna put my male in my living room or den (away from grow space) will it still have a chance to pollinate?

4. Its up to you;;but id be timid if there was a male anywhere inside my house. I feel im sometimes careless and if i just accidentally rubbed up on the male and then went to check on my ladies;;id end up with a ton of seeds!
    Pollen can travel with the smallest gusts of wind to so just be careful if hes staying in the house with all the ladies!