Male plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jillielover, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Do male plants produce buds in the same way females do? Let;'s say I gew two male plants and flowered them..... Would they make buds too, or do they do nothing? I know this question kinda sucks, but i'm currently only growing one plant since this is my first time, and I at least want ANYTHING to smoke for the time I put into it.

2. Hi man,
    Males dont produce Buds like females.They produce male flowers that are basically little sacks that are filled with pollen.They kinda dangle off the plant and break open releasing pollen into the air in order to pollinate females! I have read that male pollen can be smoked, but i wouldnt try it to be honest,whats the point when u could just as easily smoke proper female bud! I'd try and grow 2 if i were u to increase the chances of getting a female or else use feminized seeds! or maybe you'll get lucky like i did, and end up with a female after all ;)
    Good luck!
    CWL

3. Yea males are useless, don't try smoking them either, you might as well grab sum grass from your lawn. You can make hash out of them if you care to take the time, or you could make them turn into hermafrodites. This can by done by messing up the light cycle. Turn the lights on for an hour in the middle of the dark cycle, change the hours the lights turn on/off a few times, whatever. Hermafrodites have male and female parts so you'll have buds with seeds but it's better than nothing. I don't know how late you can turn the plant, maybe an expert will stop by and enlighten us both.