Male Plants

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by LinuxJ, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Does anyone have any experience with seed company's internals? Do they keep male plants, or seeds, or pollen for breeding? I was wondering because of the feminizing of plants, if they do keep male plants anymore. Also do you think that they share pollen to eachother so they can breed more productively?

Thank you.

2. All pollen to a breeder is an Asset, although as a grower many have no need for males, they are a requirement to breeders, life indeed is difficult for females if no males are around

"V"

3. Thank you. But do you think they trade this with other breeders? So the advancement of Cannabis can speedily get better?

4. Yes! they swap and talk shop maybe swap wives too...lol
    Just as we do, keep in mind seed companies are the breeders not to be confused with seed banks ..they are but the agents and middle men for the breeders who prefer to remain secret or at least aloof from the wheeling and dealing, but more and more breeders are seeing having an agent(seed bank ) is truly as hassle.
    Some of the banks are coming on K-Mart strong with 'tie in' deals and exclusive contracts which to a breeder is just too much of a commitment.

Keep in mind, breeders NEED feed back, that feed back can be very quiet when selling your seeds to a big concern, plus other dodgy deals like giving 50% of your precious seeds to other freebie lechers to 'try out'..just to test or try your seed...that hurts.
    The future...?
    If you can, deal with only a breeder, a guy who breeds your favorite plant,
    in time you will make his "test list" and be able to approve or disapprove his results....now thats a compliment

Many of todays seed banks won't be around next year or even in 2-3 months, they are being squeezed big time by the market and competitors.
    The cannabis market is still way to young, so expect a bloodbath soon

peace
    "V"

5. How many breeders do you think there really is?

6. Very few in comparison to seed banks..
    I can see a furure perhaps in a site like this that we as members may be able to swap or sell our seeds amongst ourselves, and of course then theirs the "GRASS CITY CUP perhaps a cup to the best or most proficient seed grower amongst us...
    ....ONE DAY..!

peace
    "V"

7. Sorry for bumping, but I really just got a revelation in the topic. So are they willing to give regulars out for others to breed, like if I wanted to make a hybrid of let's say AK47 and Liberty Haze(A feminized only) could I get the males of Liberty Haze, or even just pollen, I probably not going to become a breeder, just want to know where the Cannabis Genome is heading.