male o female?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by groob4000, Nov 8, 2008.

1. can anyone help me?! so i found some seeds, stuck em in some dirt and today when i was looking at them there was a difference between the two little sprouts. so both of them have two round leaves and then two sarrated leaves, but then one of them also has 4 perpendicular little leaves right above the round leaves and the sarrated ones. my question is is this a characteristic of either a male or female plant or is one of the plants just further along in the growth process? 11.8.jpg

much love

Attached Files:

2. way too early to tell, gotta wait til they are mature enuf.....

3. naw theres no way to sex the pants this erly..... the plants are outside? if so depending on where you live and how cold it gets there it might not be worth tryin to grow them.... if its frosts or snow's where you live in winter then its to hard to keep the plants alive the cold will kill them......

you cant tell the sex of plants for atleast the first 6-8 weeks.. if there outside now... and one another note its so late in the season to start growing your plants will grow lanky as hell n they wont produce that much bud.. thats if they even finsih flowering depending on what kinda seeds they are if there indica seeds for get about it it wont finish buddin be4 it reveges....

you should be able to figure it out from here

4. well not if theyre inside, which they are. seasons are irrelevent when your growing indoors. correct?

5. yup. your fine just be patient and wait til they show sex.

You should be thinking of things your gonna need in the future...... fans for stem growth, More lighting, etc..... be on top of it...

6. a fan? do you think that would be necessairy for onlny two plants in a large closet

7. fans are supposed to be used to strengthen the stem the way wind would in nature. i personally did not use a fan (where i had to transfer my plants to i couldnt get a fan in there) but i still have strong stems now. do what works best for you. and if you do use a fan DO NOT HAVE IT BLOW CONSTANTLY ON THE PLANT!. get an oscillating fan. it helped me when i did have a fan.

8. have you read ANYTHING about growing?

9. That's what I was thinking. Seems a little too lacking in information to even have a seed in the dirt. I mean, I've been researching everything I can lately, and I'm not even planning to start a grow til next year.