Male-female seed from clone

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wldsth, Aug 9, 2013.

1. I am hoping somebody has some advice for me: 
    I have been growing the same female for 3 years via cloning cycles
    Sometimes the odd one has the odd seed or two, I have collected 24 seeds over 3 years
    I had to stop the cycle due to other commitments
    I have propagated the 24 seeds, 20 made it to soil and look like the original
    So far 6 of the largest have grown balls while still under 20 hour light

Question: Is it possible that all my seed from clones are male or perhaps hermi?

2. If the female plant produced a seed or 2 means it hermi'd... That means it is more likely to happen in seeds

3. sometimes pure females will propagate themselves for survival, I would not trust them!

4. Thanks for the feedback, latest results:
    20 in soil
    11 cut as they had the sacs
    Of 9 remaining 5 look likely

5. every seed ive gotten from a girl i found when chopping some bud, were girls and i now come to expect that. mabe im just lucky as well. i now use femed seeds from attitude.  

6. Latest results:
    From 20, 5 remain
    3 female & 2 not sure

i would consider yourself unlucky if your getting seeds unintentionally

if your original plant hermied up on you and produced seeds by itself then it stands to reason that the offspring is going to have that hermie disposition as well. the more down the line you get, the more the hermie gene will be locked down and you will end up with a plant full of seed one day

in anyone's breeding program the first sign of hermaphroditism and its binned

8. Plants left to grow 1-2 weeks longer than normal harvest time will produce pollen that will generate true feminized seeds when back crossed to the mother.  No stress/chemicals involved.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hightimes.com%2Fread%2Frodelization-somas-way-female-seeds&ei=JLIaUvOZDPGEygGhvYGYAQ&usg=AFQjCNEYzkATrlDA71Sy89kPii1oDdBrGA&bvm=bv.51156542,d.aWc

Plants that produce VIABLE seeds after harvest were fertilized early in their flowering cycle.  By a plant that went hermie.  So good chance you'll get hermies. 

9. Keep Cool ...for this is what 'we' do...!    and we always gets surprises, that is the wonder of Canna! ..thats whats drive "us" ..