male and female plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Freshgreens420, Mar 11, 2010.

1. How do you tell the difference between a male plant and a female plant? Ive just started growing and i planted all my seeds in one bucket and i need to replant them.

2. Male's grow sack's small cluster's of sacks. A female grows a pistil which a hair will grow out of. In order for Ur plant to be Sexing u would need them under a 12/12 light schedule, or they need to be usually month or 2 old. But any way Pic's work best with out pics Who Knows?

3. You'll need to wait for them to sexually mature. takes 4 weeks under HID on 24/0. or you can force them earlier by switching to a 12/12 light cycle.

4. #4 ipack, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
    1. you need to repot to individual containers ASAP.. SOLO party cups work well for starting plants out, but always start out the plants in individual containers, rather than unnecessarily stressing them by transplanting during the most delicate part of the plants life.

You can't know what plants are male/female until you sex them by putting them under 12/12 schedule, and if you do this light schedule from seed, it'll take about month and a half just depending on grow factors

edit: or by vegging them out until you can see preflowers, you don't have to switch to 12/12 to see sex if you veg long enough

5. and yet, plants will achieve sexual maturity whilst still in veg'. If done under minimum 400w HID and 24/0 this can happen in as little as 3 weeks vegetation.

6. this topic has been covered many times...

use the search feature...

7. Yup, realized i had left that bit out and fixed it before

8. Well this statement is not fully true I always let seedlings (after showing plant life) go one week at 24-7 then switch to 16/8 I have noticed it works well because it gives the plants a break & actually grows more on 16/8 then 24-7 under a hid (metal halide) then switch to 12-12 to your liking but the plant will not show sign of sex until your switch your light schedule to 12-12... Yes Im not saying your wrong because 24-7 also works but I like 16/8 personally so its basically opinions not that your wrong..

9. sleep?

MJ is labeled as a c3 type of plant and doesn't require a "sleeping" period during vegetation..

Personally i use 18/6, but other like to use 24/0

10. oh god not this argument. 24/0 or 18/6..

Correct. Rest is good for tired plants but, she wants to sprint and get bushy in veg. She can rest in 12/12 when she gettin sugary.

11. Plants show sex in veg. V-E-G-E-T-A-T-I-O-N... geddit?

Plants stretch more on 18/6... cell elongation, because of auxins. 24/0 is cytokinin activity, which causes cell division, or actual growth.

want me to teach you some more?

lol