Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making Wax?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BluntLord, Mar 20, 2016.

1. So basically I have around 5 ounces of UK Cheese so I have a lot to spare I was wondering how to make some wax as I've never actually tried it before?

• Like Like x 1
  2. 5oz spare? If you aren't confident with BHO you could try running some ISO through it a little bit less dangerous unless you're a pyromaniac. Are you in the UK?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. erm this is a somewhat sketchy subject. not trying to be your mom here but I can't reccomend that you try to make bho without a closed loop system and a vac purge with a heating plate. but say if you did want to do it "the old fashioned way" you'd need to buy one of these glass bho tube - Google Search and a few cans of the most pure butane as you can get. then you'd want to pack your tube with ground up bud as tight as you can and use a sheet of fine steel mesh clamped over the end of the filter you'd then run about 1 can per ounce of dried product into a pyrex glass cooking dish. fill a bucket of hot but not boiling water and then you'd set the dish in the hot water to evaporate the residual butane. (making sure you dont get water in your product obviously) keep changing the water so it stays hot. when it starts to get more thick you can start whipping the bho do that for 15 ish minutes then scrape onto parchment paper and let it cool. when i used this method i left it out to dry for 1-3 days and it gave it a more crispy budder consistancy. DONT DO THIS INSIDE YOUR HOUSE FOR GOD SAKES. and like i said before i really do not reccomend this method but this is the only cheap way to do it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sell you flower and buy the bho. Its best to leave stuff like this to the pros. Your first few runs probably wont turn out too well anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Okay thanks man :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. You would need to spend around $500 to make decent oil and thousands to make great oil.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. If your into diy, you could make a vacuum chamber with a pressure cooker.?

dilligaf

8. Do not listen to this person.

If it is something you are going to do, do it right and buy the proper equipment. People trying to rig up cheap ways of making BHO is how you blow up your fuckin house.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Get yourself a hair straightener and some parchment paper (i used a vice to apply real pressure) and press out little .5 nugs at a time into some great pure chemical-less rosin. I tried a run of BHO and several hundred dollars later and some nasty sappy butane tasting wax later I'm still a few hundred dollars (vac chamber like some otheRs said) away from getting good product. So I'm going to winterizing it; hope for the best and stick to rosin pressing and making hash. The idea of smoking chemicals scares me and I agree to leave it to the pros. However even some of the BHO you buy is still filled with leftover BS. There's a great guide to build a rosin press for less than a $120 on Reddit.

I did have a question about winterizing:
    If I have about 2 grams of "BHO" how much alcohol should I use and can I use 91% Isopropyl alcohol. It's about the strongest I can get ahold of. I have some 151 Everclear and I can get ahold of some moonshine proofed at about 120 out of the still. Thanks in advance and good luck original poster. Be careful

• Like Like x 1
  10. :Respect:

Be safe kid's!

dilligaf

11. What's the difference between hash and rosin? Thanks

12. Rosin is an extract made by pressing buds between heated pressure plates and the extract oozes out onto parchment paper, probably the most pure form of hash oil. Hash is concentrated marijuana, but there are many many different kinds of it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mate just look up online how to make the bho its a puece of piss.
    you would ususlly use trim and keep the bud!if u aint tried dabs/oil before you need to its wicked.60-80% thc
    Ive been doing the same old skool method for nearly 20 years ,try and find a article its "captain butane" out of the old red eye magazine" is were 1st learned to do it and shows you the basics.
    ive used the same homemade tube for years that cost about a fiver to make,and i ban marie the oil but not on a stove just boiled water in a pan to purge it as long as you do it in a well ventilated place and dont light a spliff up while making it your fine.
    keep it in warm place eg on top of a radiator for a few days to make sure all the butane is out plus it makes a more waxy oil.
    The red eye article explains it better.
    Just keep it away from any source of light/heat/electricity when u making it.
    Good luck