Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making Tincture of Kief

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Asthmatic, Jan 4, 2013.

1. So I just made the strongest looking tincture of Kief I could imagine.

Filled a pint bottle 1/3 with powdered Kief then filled the bottle with ethanol. Been setting over night in the fridge. Filtered it out and it is so dark green it is almost black. I'm a bit worried I supersaturated it but am not sure. Think I'll run at least another pint through the filter when it is done dripping.

Does any one know what the carrying capacity of ethanol is for next time I do this?

Making Hash Oil for a patient I know with a new diagnosis of Cancer & had already sifted the Kief off his bud before he had a chance to tell me what he needed done with the stuff he left on my front porch for processing.

2. Ok so this is scary. I'm now up past a quart and it is still coming out Green/Black

3. You don't need to keep diluting it. You can make it strong and have them dose it by the drop, The color means nothing. For example my mom only needs one drop for pain relief. Nothing wrong with this.

4. #4 Asthmatic, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
    I was just worried about getting all the medicine out of the cellulose. Just past a quart I decided to eat some of the stuff that was left behind and you're right. I had everything out of it that was there to get. Final Hash oil total from the run was 32+ gms. Most went back to the cancer patient that grew it.

That reminds me, I need to mix a new asthma medicine tonight.