making the switch

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MrsNancyBotwin, Apr 10, 2014.

1. ok i know i ask a lot of questions.. but its my first grow, cut a girl some slack LOL  :confused_2: 

okay so im seriously considering switching to 12/12 soon, 
    what do i need to do? :confused:
    "switch the lights off DUH" yes.. stupid question i know..  but what i mean is, before i make the switch, do they need a flush? do i stop feeding during flower or change the feed i am giving them during flower ((Alaska Fish fert 5.1.1)) do feed them MORE during flower? ((currently feeding at every other watering)) do i start with a full 24 hrs of dark to 'kick off the flowering" do i trim fan leaves? 
    HELP ME!!! :eek:

013.JPG

2. Okay lady, that's a lot of questions. First off, it's really easy. The day you're ready, let the light go out and cool off. Switch the bulb in your light to HPS (assuming you have an HPS setup). Knock 6 hours off your timer schedule. Continue your maintenance. You will need to change to bloom ferts high in P and K for flower building and resin production, but that's about it. There are a lot of "techniques" and practices regarding your other questions, but none of them are required or preferred. Different growers do different things. Experience gives you the chance to do more of them and choose the ones you like. Your plant will respond to the shorter "day" and the red light and begin to produce flowers. Patience is a virtue at this point. Let it finish and you'll enjoy your bud.

I can't recommend a bloom fert, I'm not too familiar with any of them any more. I grow organic.

3. 1967 ^ is dead on nothing need be added