Making the switch to quantum boards

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigggsteve89, Nov 14, 2018.

1. The more I look around on grasscity the more I think I need to jump on the qb train. I currently have 4 marshydro 300w leds in my 4x4 and we all know these lights dont produce the hard dense nugs we all love. Now my question is can I run 4 132 boards for veg and 8 132 boards for flower in my 4x4 with good results with a meanwell Lrs-350-36 per 4 boards? If so what would be the best spectrum to get? Any imput is appriciated. Looking to do the upgrade within the next few weeks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. If I could do it all over again I’d run (4) 132 for veg and 4 96’s for Flower. I currently have (4) 120 3k and (2) 65 4k when my driver for my 96’s get here I’m moving the 65’ and adding (2) 96’s to my (4) 120’s. But like I said before if I could do t again. I’d beg with the (4)132 and flower with (4) 96’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh also, there’s a QB 120 thread around here that has all the info in regards to spectrum in the first 10 pages of comments.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hey guys,
    Im thinking of buying two of these badboys to my 120x60x180 grow tent,
    135W QB V2 Rspec LED Kit

What yall think?
    Please, any comments and tips are welcome.

6. Are those measurements metric? I’m assuming they are.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes they are.

8. Yes they are.

9. Do you know what those measurements are in feet and inches? I’ll try and help but I’m not familiar with metric and I’m too busy to
    Convert it on google right now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes, its something around 2x4

11. Those lights would be perfect. Either those or the 96 elites. I’d recommend the 96’s over the 288’s. But that’s the old 288’s not too familiar with the R spec. But I’m pretty sure they added far red and deep red diodes which would make them comparable to the 96’s

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks man, is there something else i should look out for in these lamps? like heating or sum idk
    And do u think that this will be better than a black dog phytoMAX 2-200?

13. The quantum boards are the best led light out there currently. They come with heat sinks shouldn’t have any issues with heat if you do locate the driver outside the tent

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks man ure very helpful,
    So take a look how the Rspec and the 96 elites spectrum compares, and tell me which one u think will be better for all stages of growth, i think the Rspec looks pretty good with a wider red.

Rspec
    [​IMG]

and the 96 elites.
    [​IMG]

15. The blue spike for veg in the 96’s is better though.... I still would go with the 96’s. But that’s just me. I have 4 of them in my 4x4 and love them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1