making the homemade co2 out of a 2 liter! is that too much??

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by droblowa504, Mar 6, 2009.

1. it says for a 20 oz 1/5 of yeast and 1/5 of sugar but what if i wanted to make it in a 2 liter is that too much co2 for 4 plants? and if not how much would you put?

2. ummmm ok? lol

3. I have been using two packets of yeast, five cups of sugar, with a half gallon of water in a milk jug...It produces very little CO2 but its something

4. i put 3/4 of sugar and a tablespoon of yeast and 7 1/2 cups of water in a 2 liter and when i shake it erupts so i guess it worrks you thinks?

5. So much for your carbon footprint, LOL.

6. whats that mean?

7. Do you guys know if using a paintball co2 tank with a release valve would work?

8. He means that just like every living thing on this planet, you're generating carbon dioxide. I don't know what his point is, but he might be liberal and therefore very intelligent, therefore, who knows.

9. #9 Rumpleforeskin, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    Here try this one:
    • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 tablespoon white sugar
    • 1 1/4 cups milk
    • 1 egg
    • 3 tablespoons butter, melted

It wont enrich your grow room with CO2 (none of the methods above will), but it will make some great pancakes. At least you will get something from my recipe other then a weird smell in your grow room.

10. #10 smoove, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    lol @ ^

Here's my method:

Tape 1 end of a 67.35 ft. long airline tubing to your mouth... and place the other end in your grow room. Breath in through the nose and then out through your mouth.

This method may smell a bit worse than fermenting sugar but you'll get about the same results...:smoke:

11. who ever was being an asshole like the dude with the pancakes shit and the airplane tubbing can both suck my dick bitch *****s! fagget asses cant be serious for 2 secs... ***** trying to learn some pointers and ya ll getting on to crack jokes? bitch ya ll should be on the dirty cracking jokes not some website made for questions bitch *****s!!

12. Well someone needs to learn how to take a joke. How are those pancakes?

• Like Like x 1
  13. lol drob... my apologies :p was just havin some fun.

14. its all gravy nah i can take a joke like if yall woulda said the joke then the real answer it would of been funny you know but its more then a joke when you try to make someone feel dumb ya dig? big difference i got plenty humor and buku funny but not to be played with you know! not trying to be a computer thug or somehting just saying its pretty fucked up when you try n downsize thats all but besides that its all good!

15. #15 smoove, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    How about this... with regards to your grow... fermenting sugar will not provide enough C02 to mitigate the high temperatures in your closet. You'd really be better off trying to figure out how to vent some air into and out of your closet. As far as I'm concerned that should be your #1 priority... and would have the greatest impact on the health of your plants. Easier said than done... I know... and I understand you're trying to make the best with what you can... So good luck with that!

16. Have you already had a couple grows under your belt? or are you going to try generating co2 using this method the very first time you try to grow?

The reason they joked with you was beacause that was the way they were choosing to tell you not to waste your time.

How big is your grow? Good ventilation will supply plenty of co2 for your first few grows. once you have maximized every other condition in your enviroment, you should THEN start looking into Co2.

I think you are the first poster i have read with your words crossed out. Relax

17. And i think ill try that recipe Rumple!

18. I think some one needs a nap. LOL!
    But really, Rumple is one of the best on here, he really knows his shit. So if I were you I would not piss him off, you might need his knowledge someday.
    PEACE!:wave:

19. My point was to tell you that your better off making pancakes then CO2. Not trying to make you feel dumb my brotha. Home made CO2 does more for the grower's peace of mind then for your plant.

When I see a guy using homebrew CO2, I know he will have nothing short of amazing results. It shows the grower is willing to do anything to make his girls happy. That kind of attitude will get you some kick ass bud no matter what. So I know your on your way to some good harvests.

Work on your ventilation and then your lighting if you want results.

I grow in a CO2 enriched environment. It is not for anyone on a budget.

Peace, R.

20. #20 ricard0, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
    Yo droblowa504, no one is trying to be mean, they're only giving you a little flack. We all receive similar treatment when we first join the City. It's meant to be affectionate/light-hearted.

I'd be careful about addressing fellow members in such a manor as you previously have. It serves no one any gain. You may also want to read/re-read the "GC Forum Rules" ---> http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/266623-grasscity-forum-rules.html paying particular attention to Article 2-Entry #1. ;)

Flattery will get you everywhere 'round here alot of the time, vulgarity, not so much. I'd consider the replies you've received as a free pass on what seems to be an isolated incident. :wave:

As for your CO2 inquiry. The advice given by Rumple and smoove is the best you've gotten and likely will get. I'd be happy with that.

BTW, Welcome to GC :smoke: