Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

making oil to cook with on a gas stove

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by chronicM89, Feb 13, 2009.

1. just had a quick question--

my buddy and i are making a batch of brownies, which both of us have done before a few times. however, the new house we have has a gas stove...

so my question is, can i put a skillet with some waterin it and then another cooking pot inside the skillet, so that the stove heats the water, which will heat the 2nd pot, heating the oil and weed at a lower temperature? i'm pretty sure this will work, because the point is just to heat the oil and weed at a very low temperature for a few hours, but it'd be nice to know if there's some other factor that i'm not thinking of that would prevent this from working.

2. I think that might work, or hey heres an idea, turn the flame to low? Hahaha no but seriously I don't know :smoke:

3. the reason i am asking this question is becuase the flame from this gas stove turned to the lowest possible setting is still too hot for the weed and oil to be directly above, so i already have the flame on the stove turned to the lowest heat and am trying to come up with ways to have it cooled down

4. The double boiler method (or whatever that is called) should work. I'd recomend getting a candy thermometer though to be safe and more efficient because you'll be at a good temperature.