Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

making oil/butter need advice.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by aaron145, Jan 9, 2013.

1. me and a few friends plan on getting 1/4 oz. of some mid and making a crapload of butter or oil then baking like a pizza or something, but I plan on doing a test run with only 1g of some mids. I am either making butter or oil but need help deciding which would be better. I am going to use a stovetop thingy that is part of my outdoor grill, so it won't stink up my house. would butter or oil be quicker? I hear butter needs to be refrigerated after you let it cook, would this make my fridge stink? also how much butter/oil would I need for 1g of mids? and would oil be better for a lower amount of weed as compared to butter? thanks in advance, just need some advice before I try this out.

2. if you are making a recipe you want budder. just find one of the million ones online and follow it. Cooking the weed into the butter so it dissolved the THC. Oil is something you would want to make to smoke.

1/4 ounce isn't a lot if you are making a full pizza. A rule of thumb for edibles is. As much as you can smoke to get fucked. eat that much. I always eat a bit more though.

Good luck.

3. Im sorry but that is so wrong. You dont only
    Make oil to smoke, you also make it to cook with. And secondly, weed is a LOT more potent if the thc is properly extracted in fat/oil. You could get way way way more high from a 1g brownie than smoking the same thing

4. Just make sure you don't heat it too much or you'll lose some of the potency :) I usually let my butter cook for 12-24 hours, depending on the amount.

5. I'm looking more for a method of how to cook such a small amount of butter/oil on a stovetop style heating appliance.

6. Just use enough oil to submerge the gram

7. I mean like HOW to cook it, should I put the oil in a pan with the weed and let it simmer, or should I do a double boiler type thing. so confused on how to do this on a stovetop with such a small amount.

8. If it's just a small amount, decarboxylate the gram in the oven, put it in a small container, and make a double boiler setup and let it infuse for about an hour and a half-2 hours. If you're doing a large amount, I suggest infusing in the oven, rather than simmering.