Making My Own Pipe? (Stoneware Clay)

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Jhacob, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Sup blades. I'm thinking about making my own pipe out of stoneware clay (does anyone have any experience with *nice* homemade pipes???), I don't want to buy one right now and I think it would be sweet to make one... I have all the supplies needed (clay, utensils, kiln etc) and I was just wondering the basic dimensions of an average pipe

I understand a lot of it is on preference but I'd like to get a basic idea for size then go from there.

How long/tall/thick should it be?
    How big should the bowl be?
    What can I use to paint it? will acrylic work?

any other advice/personal experience will be greatly appreciated

AND if I'm not to lazy/busy I'll try and post a guide or something

Thanks in advance!
    :D

2. When it comes to the size that is entirely up to you, be creative, make what you picture your dream clay pipe would be, and most of all have fun :smoke: lol i sounded like a mom there

3. As the other guy said it's up to you but the most common clay pipes are probably chillums used in places like India and Tibet by the buddhist monks there.
    Watch this video, a few minutes in he'll give you a pretty decent look at the dimensions and the bowl etc. Should be pretty useful.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL8v8cJd1DY]YouTube - GETTING MEDICATED IN MUMBAI!!!!!!![/ame]

4. post a finished pic!