Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making More Hash Discussion

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Shartmozzle, Dec 29, 2008.

1. So I'm pretty curious if and how people afford to make hash out of raw bud. I completely understand how hash would be a profitable if made with mash/trim (nothing you'd want to smoke), but how exactly do the major hash producers (like morocco and the middle eastern area + of course other places) afford to not sell any of the bud they grow and instead make hash out of it all. I am aware that they typically used strains that produced extremely high amounts of resin, but is this the only thing?

I can recall a friend of mine making ISO hash out of around 10-12 grams of bud (worth around $120-140) and only being able to make around 1-2 grams of hash (worth $20-60).

Is it possible to make this conversion worth it and how?

2. bubblebags

3. Any explanation other than this?

From my understanding bubble bags would be no more effective in preserving the yield of hash you can make since it would all be relative to the amount of trichomes you had to separate either via bubble bags or alcohol absorption. It's like saying "I actually got twice as high smoking out of my bong than I did my pipe..." when really the amount of trichomes in either case is the same, just the user thinks he's more high because of the fact he absorbed the amount of THC much faster out of the bong.

See what I'm sayin? Kinda?

4. #4 garvy, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
    where i live (an active growing area) most hash is made out of good quality trim, such as what you'd get from manicuring dry.

anything that looks like it might have some "crystal" is saved for the hash-makers
    if it could be presented for smoking in some fashion, like a "B" bud, it wouldn't go into the hash pile. just "trimming remains" go in the hash bag. it wouldn't be economical, as you say

some hash-makers pay for their raw materials, some trade back a share of the finished product

in terms of hash-growing regions, there are some great videos on youtube etc
    (such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFwFpzewagE )
    that show just how they do it. fascinating and beautiful. it's a whole different approach than what "we" do growing buds, they grow and handle the plants totally differently.

hth

5. Hmm thats a very cool vid. I want to see piles of bundled up mj. :smoke::smoke:

6. i could grow a whole bunch of not that good quality weed and make some pretty damn good bubble hash out of it.

or just go find some brick weed for like 25 bucks an ounce and make a whole bunch of BHO honey oil, or even iso if you wanted but i would rather go the BHO route, i love that shit