Making Hash from a pound of regular weed

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Teddyburr, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Which method will provide me the most potent and highest yield from one pound of regular weed? I've only made qwiso hash before but I'm up for other methods. thank u

2. QWISO is your best route for a good quality/yeild ratio.

3. #5 full melt, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2010
    That's just silly. If you want a high quality hash a poor mans water extraction IS NOT the way to go. You can even see in that guide that you will be left with final product that is full of impurity's which is why it has a slightly higher yield.

Stick with qwiso if you want quality and quantity.

4. Bubble bags of some sort is easy to manage with 1 pound

5. And yes that method is very silly.

6. Yes that water method is silly.

why make hash? if you want to make hash, bubble bags are a very good way to go.

OR you can make BHO (butane honey oil). I seen one guy on youtube make BHO with 1lb and he got like 30g of oil!!! 1g of BHO lasts 6-10 days and is worth about 40-60$

7. bho or bubble bags will cost about the same for that amount of weed and you can re use the bubble bags, plus no chemicals.to me qwiso has always tasted chemy or like fuel or something so I do not prefer it but you can get a good yield, better with the bags though.

8. Gumby Hash method x1000000000

I tried bubblebags, they were, ehh.. I also tried this and by FAR was a million times better. Nothing to buy so its not a sales pitch :D

All you need is ice, a pump to get the water out, a bucket, and a decent mixer.. Oh also something to put the hash on and mold it with.. I use cheese cloth.

Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyrC2dpyFwg"]YouTube - Gumby Bubble Hash Method | How to Make the Best Hash from Trim or Buds[/ame]

9. BlueDreamGrower, That looks like an awesome way to make some hash...

A little bit of the video was confusing... But I'm about to re-watch it..

Anybody else in here try that method?

10. #12 Indica Kid, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2010
    To begin, if you are going for a somewhat efficient, easy method, ISO Hash-Oil is definitely the way to go.

BUT....

As much as I hate to go against the advice of my good friend Full Melt, water extraction (ice water extraction in particular) is actually the best way to extract pure, potent, palatable hash with the least amount of impurities. That being said, it is also the most involved, and requires the most patience.

First I want to establish why ice-water extraction is better than dry-sieving methods.

A: Ice water extraction can be done with fresh marijuana, dry sieving must be done with dried marijuana.
    B: Dry sieving still allows small particles of plant matter to pollute the final product. Water extraction doesn't.

Someone made the comment that Water extraction leads to more impurities (under the false pretense that not having a silk-screen allows plant matter to infiltrate your hash)

In reality, all marijuana plant matter is less dense than water and, as a result, floats. Trichomes on the other hand are denser than water, and as a result, sink.

The general process for ice-water-extraction goes like so:

Freeze fresh bud
    Put it in a pitcher of ice-water and aggravate it for 15-30 minutes
    Let it sit for an hour, aggravate it again
    Let it sit for another hour.
    Carefully skim the top layer of plant matter out of the pitcher
    Using small diameter, flexible tubing, begin a siphon of the water and slowly drain the pitcher until you have about an inch of water above your layer of trichomes.

Set up a coffee filter and pour the trichome laden water through it, voila, you have pure, whole trichome hash. Press the hash while inside the coffee filter to drain it of most of the excess water then press it flat and allow it to dry in a cool, dark area (the fridge?)

The medical journal "Treating Yourself" has been doing a series of articles about how "The Bubble Man" has duped the growing industry into buying into his product which, in actuality, yields an inferior final product for one main reason:

-His product uses bags that you pull up, which actually allows small particles of plant matter through the silkscreen into the hash below. This results in the a final product that contains the very impurities which the bubble bags actually claim to eliminate.

Bubble bags are actually a step backwards in hash making technology that has unfortunately been seen as a step forwards. An expensive one, to the tune of hundreds of unnecessary dollars spent on the bags.

I'd highly recommend picking up the last two issues of "treating yourself" for a FAR more detailed description of the "Bubble Bag Con" and why Ice-Water Extraction is an infinitely better option.

11. Great advice everyone. So from a pound. Whats the yield we're talking here. I hear roughly 2.5 oz's of hash from one pound of regular weed

12. You're looking at about a 10-15% yield assuming your bud has a good amount of trichs and you are patient and thorough in your process.

13. i like the bubble bag method personally. i got more than a 1/4 oz of hash from a few gallon size bags of trimmings. theres several other people that have gotten more than that and with an lb of bud you can prolly get a good ounce or 2 of nice hash. totally worth the hundred bucks on the bags

14. I do the water method with the paint strainers. am I poor? Far from. Yes there will be some degree of impurities, but I use it all for cooking (making a tres leches cake today, made a cheesecake yesterday) so it really does not matter. I just made a batch of water hash and from a gallon bag (5ozdry) of really high quality trim, I got at least 8 grams of hash when it is dry, maybe more. A pound of schwag will maybe yield that. I am wondering why you would want to do this in the first place, but to each his own. For regular weed, I have to say that Quick wash iso, or bho with nothing but Vector butane.

15. fixed :D

16. good shwag is cheap here like $300 for a pound. I decided i should start making hash out of it. since its so cheap

17. Thats interesting. Let us know how it goes. If it is brick schwag, I am really curious as to whether you can extract resin glands. The reason I ask is, most of the brick I've seen has been so tightly compressed that the resin glands (trichs) are smushed into the leaves. In other words I have never seen frosty schwag, never seen trichs on schwag. Then again I haven't seen schwag in like 10 years because I am so baller.

18. doesnt matter. if its there, it will get rinsed out.

and it is there. but not much.

and yes, it will probably have a higher junk stuff VS thc ratio than other BHO made with purer "things"