Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making green dragon need help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 502toker, Feb 25, 2013.

1. So from my research I've read that you need to decarboxylate the ground weed before soaking it. I while grind up about 6 grams of headies in 3 oz of Bacardi 151 and let it sit in a mason jar for a month. Is there any way to increase the potency without baking it and smelling up an entire house? I also read putting it in the freezer helps and was looking for some experienced makers to pitch in some words of wisdom

2. I don't think you need to decarb if your doing the waiting method. You only decarb when your doing the stove top method. And ya it helps to put in the freezer. Simone correct me if I'm wrong

3. [quote name='"Blaze4Peace"']I don't think you need to decarb if your doing the waiting method. You only decarb when your doing the stove top method. And ya it helps to put in the freezer. Simone correct me if I'm wrong[/quote]

You should decarb prior to making green dragon. It acts as an activation process, but not much you can do now. It will get more potent with time, but not a significant amount if its a month in already

4. Decarb first, it's worth the extra time.

5. Always decarb first, 220F x 20min.

I would use twice as much alcohol then leave the lid off the jar (after 30 dAYS) and let 1/2 the alcohol evaporate. I juast leave the weed in the booze until I have to strain it to get the last bit of goofness from the plant material. I have also added more booze when the liquid gets low and although it is compromised, it still has a little magic left if you up your dosage.

6. You do not need to decarb for an alcohol tincture, but be prepared for a more cerebral, energetic effect, but you will also capture all the terpenes which would have been destroyed by the decarb. Those terpenes have effects of their own that can be important for various forms of nerve diseases. Thc itself is classified as an aromatic terpene. Terpenes can do a lot. According to BKS, if you put your blend in the freezer for six hours, it will pull out more of those terpenes and it also cleans some of the plant oils and waxes out of the extraction before filtering. I use a freezer method myself and love it, but the process is different.

To increase the potency of your Dragon tincture, after it's filtered leave the lid open so the alcohol will evaporate halfway. At that point cap it and enjoy. With the measurements you're using, you'll end up with a ratio of 4g to 1.5fl oz of alcohol and that is a hefty dose. It will be a little more dilute than with Everclear, but should do the job well. Good luck and enjoy. :)