Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making Edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 8WetOreos, May 23, 2013.

1. For how long do you guys leave your butter and weed simmering on the stove? Last time I made cookies I left it on there for about 30 min. They came out ok but I was thinking maybe if I would have left the butter and weed on the stove longer, the butter would have been a little more potent. What do you guys think?

2. YES INDEED! the longer you let it simmer on low heat, the more you'll get out of it! Make sure you break the buds/trim up and never let it reach boiling. your not absolutly fucked if you let it boil a little but you want to avoid it as much as possible! You should use the same method to make oil aswell! I like to fry chicken in bud oil and get spaceman high! you can also make salad dressings out of it!!

3. YES INDEED! the longer you let it simmer on low heat, the more you'll get out of it! I usually do mine for 6 hrs but 2-4 hrs should make a good batch! Make sure you break the buds/trim up and never let it reach boiling. your not absolutely fucked if you let it boil a little but you want to avoid it as much as possible! You should use the same method to make oil aswell! I like to fry chicken in bud oil and get spaceman high! you can also make salad dressings out of it!!

4. Hi, I really need help! Im a new user so the forum wont let me post my own thread yet.. 
    Ok so my bf smokes weed regularly, but I don't. I've tried it but it just doesn't agree with me. Anywways, his birthday is tomorrow and i had the idea to bake him a special cake. 
    I already bought a present so didn't want to spend a fortune on a lot of weed and it's only for him anyways. The tin is really small, it will be like a personal cake and not really a cake just going to make brownies recipe and put icing on it. So i paid 50 for the bag but only got 2g. I was told it was really good potent kush so it would be plenty. I'm not very experienced so I may have been misled!
    Anyways, I put my butter and water in a pot and when it was melted, added the grounded kush and let it simmer away. I read that it shouldn't be boiling but there was like one area in there that was bubbling a little bit. My stove only has 5 settings and it was at 1 tho so it stayed like this for about 45 mins and the i moved the pot so only have was on the heat to see would that take the temp down a but. That seemed to work. I left it like this for 7 more hours and it did seem to change and looked darker. I just strained it tho and it just looks yellow again. My small recipe only needed 7 oz of butter
    It smells like cannabis but just doesn't look like it at all. Maybe the heat was too low? I know I didn't use much kush though but there isn't that much butter either. 
    Should i put it all back in and heat it again? Obviously i cant even try it cause i need it all for the brownies and there is so little i would need to eat a good bit to test it.
    Please help!

5. so for 2g of weed maybe 1 stick of butter

6. like a box of butter u would use like 28g