Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making Cannabutter with fresh bud??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by sko0bydo0, May 17, 2010.

1. #1 sko0bydo0, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    So Im actually in the process of making some cannabutter now. I used 100 grams of fresh, uncured silverhaze popcorn bud and trim with 2 cups of butter (2 long sticks of butter.) I threw in 3 grams of cured white rhino just for the heck of it....... There seems to be debate everywhere else about using fresh bud and trim. I guess Ill know soon enough. Im guessing if the 100g were dried it would weigh about 30 grams. Does that sound right? I have let the water/butter mixture simmer for about 8 hrs now stirring occasionally. So its almost straining and cooling time. Just wondering who here has used fresh bud/trim to make cannabutter and how much fresh weight you used and with how much butter? Most recipes ive found use dry weight to butter ratio so I have no clue at the moment if Im making killer butter or weak sh*t..... What u think?

Peace,
    Skooby

p.s. was 1 lb of butter

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. #2 sko0bydo0, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
    Update, Made some brownies and cookies and they were total space cakes....:hello: Total Success
    Just 1 brownie and I felt as though I had the whole batch. Very Nice!!!!

3. You ground the bud right?

4. #4 sko0bydo0, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    Oh yeah, put it all in a blender and liquified w/some water before slow cooking the butter/liquid mixture for about 8 hours. I was very surprised of the out come. Quite possibly the strongest brownie I ever had. I would def. recommend this method if you have a lot of fresh trim and popcorn buds and would like do do something useful with it. Actually got requests from many to make some more which I did last night. Baking as we speak. Of course results will vary depending on potency of the trim/bud. Im mainly putting this info out because Before my last batch I googled everywhere and couldnt find a good recipe for using fresh trim/bud. Filtered with very Fine screen to get all the plant matter out. And a cheese cloth to squeeze the plant matter as there is still a lot of product left in there. Let it Cool a bit first before squeezing.....
    Peace,
    Scoob

5. Oh, Heres a pic...

Attached Files:

6. i'd imagine it would've been more potent had you cured it first, but no doubt its still some potent butter

7. #7 sko0bydo0, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    Quite possibly, This second batch of butter was equally if not more potent using the same method. I think I lost a day there with that last brownie. lol If you dont want that real strong body high I def. Wouldnt use this method. :D
    Peace,
    Scooby