Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making Canna-Cream?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CannaChris420, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Whats up guys! I need some help.
    So some of you may remember me needing help dosing my mother. Well, all things took a turn for the better today, as she allowed me to give her a dose of cannabis infused cream for her coffee in the morning and an oil of some sort to mix in with her dinner at night time.

Now the important thing is I would need the recipe to bear in mind she can not get high from this. She doesn't want to get high, she only wants relief. We live in a non medical state so getting access to lotions and creams is nearly impossible, plus I don't have the money/resources to make my own. She won't smoke or vaporize, so this is the only way. Would anyone know of any place I could find a recipe to suit my needs?

2. Dont decarboxylate if you dont want her to get high. What is her medical condition anyway?

Use a higher CBD content bud, too, and use very little topically. I find topical applications much more forgiving as far as the high goes, than oral dosage

3. She suffers from Neuropathic pain in her arms and hands. She gets anywhere from 4-6 migraine headaches a month. She has been suffering with pinched nerves causing constant back pain. She also just had surgery (which didn't do anything) to correct Hyperparathyroidism.

Essentially she is just withered, in pain, and uncomfortable for the majority of the day. She does not want to be noticeably high because she still does work. What would be the best solution as far as a DIY medicine?

4. Low THC content bud, decarboxylate at a high temperature for shorter time (this will degrade some THC into CBN, which is ideal for you) because CBD is more resistant to decarboxylation than THC.

make topicals, she can dose using exteremly small amounts as necessary. Fry it into a clarified coconut oil (so there is less residue) and she can use it like a salve

5. How would I know if my strain has a low THC content? Again I'm buying in the black market so this is going to be difficult for me.

Also can you link me (or explain) the proper method of frying, the brand of coconut oil, etc? I would very much appreciate help with this as much as possible. I'm trying to make this asap

6. smoke that shit first and see if its high thc or high cbd. Buy low quality bud!!! dont waste money, the lower quality bud has more of the medicinal compounds that YOU want, anyway at a fraction of the price

you can buy coconut oil from anywhere, it doesnt HAVE to be clarified, it can be virgin

the best lipid frying method in the world is in my sig, click the dog

7. So now she will be using the finished product topically, right at the source of the pain?

Also someone once said not to use low quality bud for health risks as using weed that could have been grown across the border with harsh chemicals may be harmful for ingestion. If this is a topical salve, I assume this is not something to worry about then. Correct?

8. Well the worry of contaminants or poorly maintained product is always there. Inspect the bud, thats all you can do. If you are that afraid, buy from reputable sources and spend more

You can use the topical salve anywhere on the body, preferably a space without lots of hair (but with hair pours obviously)

transdermal abroption of cannabinoids - Google Scholar

9. Thank you for your help. I'd rep you if it made a difference
    Since you seem to be the one to talk to, would you mind either posting/linking me to a recipe?

10. So essentially I'm putting fresh bud (low in THC, high in CBD) into a pot with clarified coconut oil and frying until the weed is brown? Then letting it cool and applying it directly to the skin?

11. not fresh bud, dried and decarbed bud.

12. Thanks Paleo, I really appreciate it!