Making Butane Hash Oil from Vaped Weed

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by EngineerStoner, Nov 30, 2009.

1. I have about 5 ounces of spent vaporized bud saved up and would like to try my hand at making some butane hash oil. I'm experienced with cooking and making cannabutter, but want to try this.

It looks pretty straightforward from the youtube videos and descriptions I've read on posts here - but does anyone have any experience doing this with vaped weed? I'm curious as to how many cans of butane I will have to buy for that amount. I will be going to Home Depot to pick up the necessary parts to build a rig myself (after I have a break from classes, probably a project for January).

2. It has been told to me that vaping weed activates the THC so I really don't see what you'd be removing from the vaped weed since you've already put it to good use.

3. The volcano is only effective in vaporizering 55% of the THC, leaving a decent portion behind. I've cooked with my leftovers too, so I know for a fact that there's still some goodness there.

4. With that being said though, your yield will suffer accordingly.

BTW, how long did it take you to accumulate that much remains? Thats alot of bags :)

5. We have a large lock lid glass jar being added to everyday and we use our vaped leftovers for cooking, and can vouch that it is good.

6. me and my brother in law made brownies out of 20grams of vaped weed and they got us high as hell...it was weird didnt think it would would but it did...

7. I just gave this a shot the other day with maybe on ounce of some volcano vaped buds and the final product was quite small in amount, and so dark as to almost a black color.