Making buds appear more dense

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by PGee, Mar 19, 2019.

1. What if I was to use a vacuum sealer to compress some fresh buds to make them appear more dense. I was thinking of letting them dry for two days or so, then pop the sealer for some light and evenly distributed compression. Then I would let them dry a bit more and perhaps give em a few more presses until I cure.

I am looking for a more dense final product. I am aware of the factors that make a bud less or more dense without compression however the fact of the matter is I will be getting some loose and airy ones due to some unfavourable circumstances. I do not care that they are loose but others will.

I've heard about people pressing them in paper or plastic bags or with their fingers, I don't mind loosing a bit of potency for a small increase in bag appeal.

I want to know if anyone has any other advice to offer, I'm going to try what I mentioned in the first paragraph on a bit of my harvest and see how it goes.

2. I really don't see that working.
    All you'll have is compressed, light and airy buds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply. I'll post some pics when I try for experiments sake.

4. i have used a vacuum sealer for buds in mason jars. someone on another site said it will cause the trichome heads to burst. i looked at the vacuum sealed buds and sure enough, the trichs were no longer topped with a bulb. using the vac seal bags will make the gooey goodness in the trichomes stick to the inside of the bag. also not what you want to have happen...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. you are obviously selling it illegally. Be careful bro. The legal states have by-passed "bag appeal" and they are now using plastic med tainers. Only high school kids that steal it from thier parents to sell it to other high school kids are the ones with "bag appeal".

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I know I would prefer less bag appeal and buds that havent been compressed for no good reason and more potency... kids like pretty things I guess..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try it with a couple nugs to see how it goes, will be flushing in a week or so.

Grasscoty, thanks for the concern. I live in Canada where growing four plants per household is now legal, and I primarily give most of it away, making very little if anything at all.