Making an ethnobotanical garden

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gr0wer, Mar 13, 2004.

1. There your cubes. And those are quart, we dont play with those pint jars here. :D You almost need quarts or larger for grain because you only fill 2/3-3/4 so its shakable so my jars only have about 1.5 pints. And the ones in the pic are overfilled a bit.

The downsisde is I confirmed there all contamed yesterday after doing a grain to agar :( after i got my agar kit :D. It contamed because the syringe water was dirty because i forgot to clean the pot and then used that water while it was boiling to fill it then i steralized it in the pot. The contam is yeast from grain jar that spilt when the pot ran out of water and cracked a jar last 2 attempts ago. Yeast looks cloudy growing in, not on, the agar. So i learned from my mistakes once again.

So I bought an equador syringe and innoculated 3 petri dishes of the Eq over my open and on gas oven, for a sterile airflow. Then I incoculated 4 jars of crappy parakeet WBS. I still have 5 cc (I used 1cc per jar .3cc per petri) left which Ill save for next year as long as everything goes well. And this time i think i got everythiing worked out.

I'll buy a 25 lb bag of good WBS from the supermarket sometime this week. Then 9 more quart jars from a local craft shop. Then I'll have 2 sets of 8 since i can only fit 8 in my steralization pot. That would be 3 gal of grain factoring in teh jars are only 3/4 full. With a 1:5-1:10 spawn/bulk substrate ratio ummmm yea..:D

For the cubes, Im going to try and collect a bit of the the fuzzy Mycelium thats sticking up from the grain and agar and put it onto a new petri dishes hopefully leaving the yeast behind, isolating the cube growth. Im going to allow the grain to keep colonizing then fill a tray (so i can use my jars) then put it away for a few weeks then use it for outdoor spawn. I dont think yeast grows well in manure so i think the mycellium will prevail. Until them im going with the eq.

Dread i feel bad asking again but could you send me another print? Pm me.

I keep having these urges to take the datura, but then what i think about what wil happen i feel its best kept alone for a few weeks. I think i can get 3-4 doses off the ~100 seeds. Just waiting for the perfect time...

So far i have everything but the hawiian baby woodrose, lions ear seeds, marihuanna (sp?) and salvia plant, but i just got the tracking for the salvia plant and its on time and schedlued to come on the 25th

2. O.. and i decided to transplant the poppys today from 12 solo cups to 24 small paper cups because i had way too many sprouts to kill everything but 12 or so healthy sprouts. I now have about 3-10 sprouts per cup, when before i have 20+. The main reason why i had so many sprots is i put half a pinch or so per cup then a few days later i go anxious and put another 1/2 pinch :D.

I transplanted into more cups just cuz i didnt want to waste any of my first harvest after watching how chill the oriental men were on the history channels show on opium. tonight there doinga show on LSD its every day at 11pm eastern and then they re-run at like 1-2am. I think there doing a week long series?? Well thats what they normaly do.

3. wassup gro! ill pm you. im going to have to go watch that show youre talking about, you say its on the history channel? sounds interesting. i watched some trippy shit about a week ago on the science channel about animals and the different types of plants they ingestion and what types of effects it has on that specific animal. they showed cats with catnip and how after a time period they went into a narcotic like trance, same with some monkeys that ingested the poison off of millipeds and a couple of other animals and plants that seemed to jus fk them up beyond belief. it was guite funny and interesting.

4. LOL i got catnip growing, and a crazy cat so i should be fun to watch! :D Yep history channel 11:00.

5. well, i got half a blunt to smoke, i might smoke it and watch the show. had some disturbing news shared with me about an hour ago, still hasnt really sit in yet. it sucks bad.

6. Dam dread i ees teh begining while i was typing the pm

7. that was a pretty daym interestin show. you have a lot of shit to look foward to as you get older grO :) i kinda feel sorry for you. ive grown out of most everything they talked about of course for weed and shrooms. all that other crap, ive done it all except for heron,crack, meth and prescription pills. the end came wailing down on me. it made me feel that because i like to smoke pot and ive done sheadule 1 drugs, im a bad person. i really didnt like that. it made me think about how it would be if they didnt come down so hard on those people. im in a similiar situation because someone dear to me just got caught up with the law. they seized a half gram of coke from him which really surprised me because i had no idea he was involved. locked him up and went to his home and searched. found a bunch of cash 2 more grams of white and a quarter pound of weed. his arraignment was tues. and they only charged him with the half gram. he hasnt been charged with the other stuff yet. watching that shows got me really screwed up right now. he's lawyered up some im hoping he will be alright since he's never been in trouble going to school working etc. anyways, its hard thinking about the big problem. i find myself what side am i on.

8. did u use bird seeds, for the Cake of the shroom?..

9. there are several different teks that you could use to grow shrooms. the easiest by far is the pf tek. it requires the use of brown rice flour, verm and about a bit of water. you steam these jars to sterilize them and then inoculate. sit back and wait about 3 weeks for the jars to colonize. another 2 weeks for shroom production after birthing the cake.

10. yea... but i been reading some shroom threads, and found out, when u use bird seeds, the shroom double it size... but i think for my first grow, i will go with the brown rice, and once i get all the points down, i will start on advance shroom growing...

11. i got the salvia in the mail and since i bid allot on the item he gave me 2 plants. He gave me one of each specimin, they look about the same but one's darker in color, thats the "palatable strain ".. so i guess its less harsh? I transplent them from there 2" pots into 6" pots, misted and put into a terarium about 2-3' from my 70w. I think i might make a terarium over where my current setup is, making it a doubble decker grow. Then scrog the plant's in a U scrog that ill constanytly train and trim so it'l be a prepetual bonzai scrog. This will be around a 35w Hps i just picked up ;) in a 1'x2'x1.5'tall closet shelf. This should give me maximim foliage output till spring when i can put them or cuttings outside.

That sux dread, I wish the best for him. Some people go overbaord with drugs and get into bad situations. After a run in they sometimes straighten out, at least a bit. yes im going through the testing stage,i should be done with everything over then next year or two.

Im not sure about doing coke,meth,heroin or any other drugs that support fucked up knife and Gat slinging crime rings. They ruin countries, familys, both here and where its grown for us. But then our government keep's destroying there crops therfore leaving them poor. Its one of the big problems in this world.

Thats why i want to grow the plants. So money is in my hands where it's not doing any harm but paying to build cars! :D My bro got his built '98 SS back on the road yesteray after being down for a few months waiting on teh new rear. We bolted in the better rear end since the old styock one blew up from a nice mix of stupidity, 400+ft lbs, 370 hp, and a solid dual plate clutch that has no give so its harsh on the driveline. It directly transfers every hard drop of the clutch or quick snap of the throttle (thats when it let go). Normal clutches have springs that absorb the shock, but this is a brutal drag clutch. The drieshaft was twisted like a can from the rear locking up :eek: it was banging around under the car and we were like Fuuuuck.... Anyways its back on the road and its a dam beast! I love it! :D

12. I prepared my garden yesterday. I went to home depot and got 10 40lb bags of composted manure for $2 each, a bag of bone meal for like $8, and a bag of perlite for $7 for my indoor. I also got 9 quart mason jars for $12 and a 40lb bag of birdseed for $8, which should last me a while for my mycology projects :D.

My main crop in my garden will be tobacco. They are high maintence crops and need loots of nutrients. Normal you can't grow 2 crops of tobacco in the same land without significant soil additives and fertilizers. My garden consists of a 5x10 area and 2X 4'x5' spots of either side. I tuned in 4 bags (160lb total) of manure, 2 lbs blood meal and a 1” layer of hay into the largest center spot. I put 2 gallons of sand into the far smallest garden section for the poppies. And I put 1 bag of manure and one cup of bone meal into the near plot which will be for a Datura plant, salvia, and some herbal seeds I got.

I have about 12 tobacco sprouts now in 6 cups, all the same strain Jasmine. I can't get sprouts form the other 2 seed packets for some reason, maybe there not viable?

Dread I was looking in my friend's 2” thick book on drugs and found Datura. It was used in the dark ages for poison. I can understand why, give man a large dose and lock him in the dungeon. The perfect environment to have the worst trip ever, and then die from the toxins. Probably overheat like you did only worse and cook himself to death. I bet some deathly screams and moans were heard from a man on this stuff only extracted and refined, locked away.

Some people don't believe in spirits but do you think the plant gives mostly bad trips because the fact it was abused by man. I know one guy had plant worshiping people chasing him for an hour. Hey you never know.

The morning glories are going out making room for the tobacco plants which are now down the center of my box. The poppies are on there second real node, some going on there third but there still only ½-3/4 tall and about ½ wide. They'll go out in about 2 weeks and some will stay inside and go into an organic soil Drip Hybrid hydro setup. My theory is with a light organic soil and Hydro you won't need to maintain the PH as much as with hydro. All you need to do is change the watering schedule as the plants grow from every 3rd day, every other day, to every day ect. I'll have a bag of manure, kelp, and compost hanging in the rez for extra nutrients. Hopefully the only maintence will be to fill the rez once a week or so and change the ph at the beginning and middle of the grow.

13. grower how big are your morning glories now, most of mine are over 2 feet

14. i put them outside to make room for the tobaccoo. its a bit cold out, i thought they were going to die on me but only the lower big fan leaves died but the growth tip sand vines are still going . The tallest one is about 10". Once the popys and tobaccoo plant's go out ill start the rest of the Mg's and my WB woodrose. I got them today, removed the shells of 35 of em and soaked in 20cc of vodka, drained into a shot glass and repeated with 15 cc of new vodka. Im going to split it between 7 of my friends 5cc each on fri so we all get the equivelent of 5 seeds or one dose.

Im thinking about buying a pyrex vacuum distillingng kit and trying to get my hands on all the chem's to make a small batch of acid from HB Woodrose. Just enough for some friends since its hard to find acid and its harder to find good acid. That wont go down for another 6 months minimum because i need a darkroom with the proper spectrum lightbulbs for the procedure. Once i do that im done with hard drugs and sticking with a bit of shrooms, weed, and beer. Ill allow the poppys, datura, lions ear, and the marijuhanna stuff grow wild but controlled im my gradens, since that what they do. Then Ill teach my lil bro about them when hee's ready. Im going to set up a 150w 3 rubbermaid areo salvia grow in the basment in 2 weeks for some extra legit cash. Ill be selling extracts and cuttings.

15. Lookin good so far. Is this your first shroom grow? If it is good luck with contams. You are casing right? What are you going to case with? The thing im looking forward to most is that peyote. 7 years from now youll look back and say damn I remember when I started this little guy. lol good luck.

16. Hey grower, im very interested in the Persian white poppy seeds. Are these seeds easy to get.. does home depot carry them or would i need to find them on ebay. Also what part of the plant do you use for a tea? I really like the idea of planting poppy seeds in my backyard and enjoying them..:)

17. you can buy seeds on ebay for cheap. One packet will go along way, thin it with sand about a 1:4 ration and one packet will seeds a 10x10 area with more to spare and tons of runts to thin out. theres 2 ways to thin, you can spred less seeds and tehn transplant the plants to get the correct 6" spacing or you can use more seeds and just pull the plants that are too cramed.

18. I havent even started he peyot yet. Ill start them durring the vacation after i put the poppies outside. I put a test group of popies outside the other day and so far there liking it.

19. Man i went to NC over the break. While in the supermarke i looked at the seedrack and they carry poppy seeds! In ny i heard there banned for sale as a spice because there blue persian poppy seeds. So i got a jar of the seeds and now i have tons upon tons of seeds. I mixed them 50/50 with the white persians and spread 1/4 of a jar over a 4x5' plot in my garden that i prepared with the manure and hay.

The tobacco are growing fast now about 1/2" a day. There are 9 jasmines that are ranging from 2-4" and they will go out this weekend. The monte and havana are still small about 1" so there not going out for another week or two.

My salvia plants have a dam alphid problem. Ive been killing them bi-daily for the last 2 days and ill continue for another day then give them a garlic spray. It's not too bad i killed about 8 today and just re-checked and now there's none, in the morning ill probably see a few more and hopefully thats it.

20. Props dude. This is a seriously kick ass idea. I've often thought and dreamed about about growing shrooms, so I appericate that shroomery.org link man. I'll be sure to check that out. Well dude I wish you luck and I hope it goes well. :)

P.S. Would it be alright if I pm-ed you?