Making a homemade bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Rollin'Stoned, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Ok so, I took this old vase I have, and I'm gonna drill a whole in so I can make it into a bong because I dont wanna spend money on a new bong because I already have a pretty nice pipe and Im gonna use this old stone pipe that I have for the bowl, but idk what I should use for the downstem... I would usually just use an old pen, but the pipe I have tends to burn your lips really bad, so I think it would melt the plastic... what do you guys think I should use?

Thanks in advance haha.

2. hit up a head shop, they sell glass bowls with downsteams for like 12 bucks

3. Yeah but the thing is I kinda live 2 and a half hours away from a city that has a headshop... I guess that's what you get for living in a small town in the middle of Nebraska. haha.

4. lol i feel ya neariest head shop by me is at least 45 min. try to find something that wont kill you I.E. plastic, aluminium, copper. go to a mom and pop shop and see if they sell brass tubing and make one out of that. you just gotta get creative.

5. just use the cylinder from a tire pressure guage. perfect downstem

6. Couldn't have said it better myself.