Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making a glass on glass bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mao_Zebong, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Ok, so I have a 40 bottle I wanna make into a glass on glass bong. WHat I wanna know is because I have a mini soldering iron ( pretty much just a strong butane flame) if that'll melt the glass for when I put a downstem in it. Then melt it back so the downstem is secure.

[​IMG]

This is what I have, it says it gets up to 2300 degrees Fahrenheit

2. you put a lighter into the soldering iron???

3. yes, its not really a soldering iron per-say more or less just a butane flame but it reaches up to 2300 degrees

4. Glass melts at 3133.4 degrees Fahrenheit so I don't think it'll work. just not hot enough. You could just be careful and chip away the glass. or go buy a real one.

5. thanks bro

6. #6 I Eat Razorz, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
    I been told with with boats that if you put 3 200hp motors on them, its still only 200hp. So my Question is, if you used two of those at the same time, would it double the heat, or you would still only get the original number? I know it would be inconvenient but if you put it in a vice and two of those double that number you could in theory do what you wish to, just a thought.

Instead of melting the glass and welding the down stem, wouldn't it also be possible to use a diamond tip on a Dremel and put a hole in it that way then use a rubber grommet to get an air tight seal?

Edit: If you use the Dremel idea, because of glass dust wear something to keep you from inhaling it. You also don't want to keep the bit to the glass while drilling for to long, other wise the glass will heat and crack setting you back.

7. What i was going to say

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKc8P5epwc]YouTube - HOW TO MAKE A GLASS BONG[/ame]