Making a Bong? (Essential Components)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Scarfacee, Jun 21, 2013.

1. I've grown confident in my ceramic abilities now about a year in. I want to make my own bong. I've used my fair share of bongs, but never owned one. I also never paid much attention to structure when I've smoked out of them either. 

What are the essential components to making one? So far what I think I grasp that I need is as follows:

So I'll need the structure itself, a mouthpiece at the top, a hole near the middlish bottom that fits a slider which needs to slide into the water at the bottom of the pice. I'll probably pick up a slider from the head shop and make an opening to fit that. 

If anyone could fill me in on the essentials and possibly any tips or tricks I'd appreciate it. 

2. Well you want to make sure your downstem angle is ok and gives you enough clearance to not burn your eyebrows when you light it. How tall are you making it? If you're making a bong to fit the downstem/slider it should all go pretty easily. Just form a joint around the downstem with the ceramic so it's a perfect fit