Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Makin' a pipe

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by duke588, Oct 18, 2005.

1. ok i'm lookin for an easy way to make a good, durable pipe...i was gonna use hardening clay because it sounds so easy but apparently its horrible to smoke with, so what is a good way to make a nice long-lasting pipe? i'm not looking for a huge ass thing either, actually smaller the better b/c of easier portability

any suggestions are appreciated, thanks

2. Ok, you get 2 $20 bills and get in your car, then you have to drive to your nearest headshop. Go inside and look at all the pipes and pick your fav. Hand the guy your $40 and he will hand you the pipe + change. Drive home. And now you have your pipe.

3. ^^not everyone has headshops around them... i know i dont

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hmmm, use an apple and just throw it away after your done :)?

as far as a long lasting pipe you could make im not sure personally when i didnt have a pipe i used apples/pop cans, you could always buy a nice pipe for under 40 bucks

4. yeah i would really recommend buying one as well. Homemade ones are usually just a makeshift thing and are to be disposed, and the nice ones are either made of something harmful to you, or cost as much as a cheap glass piece.

5. If you can't get to a headshop, as the case may be, and you aren't willing to buy one online, then you can use the metal pieces they have as pipe fittings at home depot and stuff. I don't know the *exact* name of them, but they usually have a whole wall of trays full of brass threaded pieces that you can make. I've used them to make the bowls and carbs of my wooden pipes, but I know you could also just make a whole pipe out of them. But you really should try to get one from a headshop, online or otherwise, because even my tiny $10 glass piece hits better than most of the metal pipes I have.

6. tom if your stilll having the same problem ill get out my digi and make a how to pictorial of pipes

7. I love my Local Headshop, though a litttttle pricey, the quality is superb and have not had any complaints through like 6 spoons and abong (all color changing glass)

8. If your gonna make a home made pipe, make either a gravity bong, or a regular bong.

They hit great, and if you need to ditch them, you wont care cauz you can always make another one.

9. Don't use any copper, aluminum, or chrome plated parts. The chrome plating will chip and be breathed in, the aluminum gives off toxic gases when it touches smoke or flame, and the copper gives off acid when it touches smoke or flame. I find that steel pipe fittings work well, and for a nice final product you can combine them with wood. If you have some hardwood--like mahogany, maple, cherry, oak, whatever--you can make a pipe without and metal pieces, the hardwood needs a hotter flame than a lighter to make it give off smoke, unless you held the lighter to it for quite a long time. The bowl is usually the hardest part to make, because you need a screen and the right shaped object out of a material that works. A water bong is also fairly simple to make, as long as you understand how they work, which if you've smoked out of one you should be able to see. after about half the length of a pencil away from the actual bowl and flame, you can use plastic parts, like the tube of a ballpoint pen, but much closer and they'll melt or give off smoke that you don't want in you. Good luck :D

10. Wood in my opinion is the best way to make a home made pipe. It flavors the smoke nicely. Look at my gallery the pipes there are made from a burled wood, old bike parts, and a safe epoxy. It hits so hard.

11. get a chunky bit of bambo, you cant go wrong :D

12. use flashlight and plastic pipeing,drill or left hole in the tube and insert the flashlight(after taking it apart) use sum black electrical tape make airtight put in a screen and there you go,you have a pipe thats small and durable