Make your own soil mix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Weedsmokingasian, Mar 24, 2024.

1. I tend to overthink these things but I'm a cheapskate and real adamant about not buying expensive brand soils because I'm poor and want to grow more. I like to make my own soil using locally sourced topsoil mixed with some compost, manure, and perlite. Sometimes I wonder if it's too hot though my clones seem to get nute burn or lockout but does anyone know what is the standard formula for this type of thing. I get confused on things like can I use fill dirt (I know I shouldn't because it's heavily compacted clay type) I don't like coco either. We have ten acres in the country can I technically just dig up a few inches and use my own topsoil? Also about to start growing tons of fruits and vegetables and have like 5-600 pots and want to start my own little nursery operation, obviously cant afford Happy Frog and Ocean Forest for all that. Want to switch to hydro when I can afford to. What's the ratio for the perfect DIY soil mix?

• Like Like x 1
  2. My friend gave me the attached recipe.
    Also see: Mainlining and more.
    who is an active member and very helpful. Good luck.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. like to make my own soil using locally sourced topsoil mixed

If it were me doing it like this, I would find a public forest. Scrap off any leaves and sticks and just get the top few inches of soil, maybe add some aeration. You could add some manure and compost.

Things seem to thrive in most forest.

I

• Like Like x 3
  4. 50% peat/50% vermiculite is a good potting mixture, You add just a little dolomite to stabalize the ph. and a little gypsom. I learned this mix from watching a Bruce Bugsby Better yield video..

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Good luck with all that.

• Agree Agree x 1