Make your own feminized seeds.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Panda85, Feb 5, 2013.

1. #1 Panda85, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    for anyone interested, i looked all over for a guide on this about a year ago and couldn't find anything for the exact process. i decided to just give it a shot and had great success. all you need is 1ft of 14awg 99% silver wire(from ebay), an old phone charger 5v, ac/dc adapter @~5v, or a 9v batter(with a connector for it) and alligator clips.

first you take the wires of your desired dc power source and connect alligator clips on each wire. you take the 1ft solid silver wire and cut it in half. hook the power source to each section of wire with the alligator clips(while power is off)and suspend them in a quart sized mason jar of tap water or RO water(not distilled) and don't let them touch each other. kick the power on and about every 2hrs wipe the gunk off the wires that builds up with sand paper or scrape them clean with a razor. let it sit for a total of about 8hrs or so. this process makes your own colloidal silver.

NEVER CONSUME A PLANT THAT HAS BEEN DIRECTLY SPRAYED WITH COLLOIDAL SILVER!
    colloidal silver will force a female plant to produce male organs(female pollen sacks).

now you are going to want 2 plants, preferably the same plant(clones). one is going to be your female for budding, and 1 is going to be used to get your pollen from. you will want the pollen donor to be small, why waste time growing a plant that its only use is to get pollen from?

start flowering both plants around the same time. now you spray the colloidal silver on only the plant you want to gather the pollen from. spray it once or twice a day for the first 3 weeks of flower or until it forms pollen sacks. after they form you don't need to spray them anymore but you can if you want :p let them mature until they are about ready to pop open(about week 4-5). make sure they aren't anywhere near your other ladies so you don't accidentally pollinate your room. To make sure they have pollen in the sacks you can pop them open manually with tweezers and watch for powdery pollen to fall out. once you know they have pollen in them you can cut them off and start popping them open over a glass slide. a little bit goes a long way.

now you are ready to pollinate :p remember to move your plant being pollinated out of the room to help prevent pollinating plants you dont want pollinated... you can use a mini paint brush and rub the pollen all over a branch on the flowering plant. or you can put the pollen in a bag and secure the bag over a branch and shake it for a few minutes. the plant you are pollinating you want to be at around week 5-6 of flower and takes about 3-4 weeks to develop the seeds and ripen. if all is successful you will see the pistils turn a yellowish color within the next couple days on the branch you pollinated only. eventually they turn brown and fall off. the calyxes will swell quite a bit over then next week or 2 and soon you will be able to see your seeds in them. make sure to leave the branch on until the seeds are tan or brown, you can harvest the rest of the plant when you want.

when the seeds are fully ripe you cut the branch and hang it just like any other buds. give them time to fully dry and finish ripening while drying. once dry the seeds will pretty much fall out with slight agitation to the buds. collect your seeds and let them sit out for a few weeks. at first the germination rate will suck, but once they are fully dry they should have a high germination rate.

2. So since they are pollen from a hermie the female you pollinate will produce female seeds? You lost me somewhere.. I'm sorry if I didn't read carefully enough or if I'm appearing to be ignorant but I'm just not grasping the method here. The silver making process sounds sweet though! I wonder why colloidal silver makes marijuana plants produce male flowers. Such an interesting plant lol

3. That's crazy, I was just bashing fem seeds about a day ago saying, i will believe it when I know how they actually make female seeds from a male and a female plant. So this explains a lot and I guess I believe it a little more now.

What is the % its going to be fem i know it's not 100% fem. is it?

4. almost every female plant will grow pollen sacks when sprayed with cs. since the female was forced to grow pollen sacks, its still a female and has no male chromosomes. from what i understand it inhibits a chemical needed to grow female flowers. since it cant if the chemical is inhibited it grows male parts. the resulting seeds are about 99% female, from what i hear. ive never seen a hermie or a male out of the bunches ive made.

5. #5 Doc-J, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    This. Here is my understanding.

Cs inhibits ethylene production required to form female flowers and results in the female producing male pollen sacks. That pollen is used to pollinate other female plants, resulting in all female genetics. However, even female plants can still posses recessive male genetics that could cause that .01 percentage chance of a male. If the plant that the pollen was collected from has no genetic disposition to hermie, there is no hermaphroditic trait to pass on to future generations.

If the femmed seeds are prone to hermie, it is because the male recessive gene has a tendency to come out in that line. Any strain can have this tendency even in non feminized seeds. Good breeders should be able to breed and back cross future generations in order to stabilize the strain removing undesirable traits while maintaining all female genetics.

6. fem seeds are created by essentially makeing a plant hermie to produce seeds....its the "hermie process" that produces "fem seeds"....but its still seeds from a hermied plant....thats why a lot of "fem seeds" users end up with hermie issues...not always...but more then reg seeds or clones...i see a lot of threads titled "help hermie or why did my plant hermie"...and most times..they started with a fem seed...i dont like the idea of stress making my seeds...i want seeds produced from love...a proper seedling growing enviorment will produce more females then males with safe regular seeds...

7. see, i think that most of the hermie problems are from breeders using other methods to get the plant to herm, such as letting it flower too long, or stressing them out to a certain point. imo it also depends on the breeder and how stable the plants being used are.

from what ive learned, most of the mj population has herm traits, and most will show under stress regardless of being feminized or regular. imo its always a good idea to put one of your female clones through a stress test to see how strong it is, and at what point it will turn herm, if at all, before you use it to breed. I personally prefer using males and getting regular seeds just for selective breeding. if i have a strain i love and cant find a male by the time i get to my last seed, ill make feminized seeds. if all you are interested in is feminized seeds and keeping seed stock of it, id suggest giving it try. :D

8. I have master kush from the breeder black label and all four I've flowered have hermied on me lol

9. yeh i have had and seen several hermies from dutch passion, blue berry and strawberry cough feminized seeds. then again ive also seen lots of others have great success with them. imo different batches of seeds from using different females could be the culprit. and those were genetic hermies, no matter what you do with them they will end up hermie.

10. Yeah the batch I got is horrible it's not even like you have to do anything to make the master kush hermie I like look at them funny and poof ten male flowers

11. the ones i had, would always turn at week 4-5 in flower, with just tiny little nanners in the female bud which were very hard to find. :/ oh well, it happens sometimes.

12. Yeah I'm gonna not get the cheapest seeds I can find next time lol. Hey you should check out my grow though

13. i agree 100% with first paragraph....