Majora's Mask was better than Ocarina of Time

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Vicious, Feb 26, 2012.

1. No you refuse to discuss or a knowledge it's better. We can get into opinions or "I liek this moar", honestly, I'm tired of all the political correctness and forced politeness I see. So instead of meet up and OMG CoD/Skyrim/BF3, I'd like to see more debate, game generals and meta threads so this is my effort in the matter.

OoT was a masterpiece. One of the greatest and most influential games ever made but I feel MM built on that with a more engaging story and did what OoT did even better. I felt the story forced you to pay attention, OoT's story relied on cut scenes and npc talk. In MM every mask had a story, I was familiar with every towns person, understood them and knew their back story. Then there was the races, did you not shit bricks at the start of the game, the lore and story only grew and were awesome as playable classes. Then don't even get me started on collecting masks, Omni-Link, Majora and the time loop. There is just too much depth.

I could argue OoT's equal merit's but the Zelda teams knew what they were doing and improved and an already prefect concept, what we got was MM.

2. I agree with you sir, getting the masks was the shit and the moon level was epic

3. Wow thats a loaded topic.
    And frankly I could never pick between the two
    imo they're equally amazing in different aspects.
    In OoT you know... YOU FUCKING KNOW how memorable each and every one of those temples and bosses are. (who could forget the dreaded water temple?)
    Then Majoras Mask had a whole new feel to it with a death clock ticking at every second of the game. The masks were challenging to get, but man was it worth it to get that Fierce Diety mask and then the great fairy sword :D
    Shit both of these games deserve our respects so why argue about which is better?

4. Because it's the internet and we love that shit.

5. :eek:

I furrgot

6. OoT is a pretty good game. I don't really consider it one of the greatest games every though like so many other people do. When I was little I spent a lot of time with both games and in my opinion MM doesn't come anywhere close to being as good.

OoT just had a funner storyline to play though and a funner environment.

7. I've never played a Zelda title in my life...

And I call myself a gamer. Forshame.

:hide:

8. OOT was the shit

i remember that desert level and there was a sandstorm and all this crazy shit lololol

and those fuckin rock guys were pretty funny always rolling around and shit

and those water people were legit too, the princess wanted link's d but he was all like naw girl we are different species lmaaoo

good times man good times i hated the water temple though

i also remember going inside jabujabu and getting the boomerang

and i also hated that shadow temple where you had to wear those goggles holy shit i was scared as balls everytime

9. OoT was the shit. Better than majors mask IMO. That water temple was a bitch but go didn't love it? The detail at the time was extravagant and was like one of the first RPGs of that era I believe? So to me it was all new lol.

Majoras mask was also a great game but it lacked depth. It was also short to be honest. Another thing I hated is when I bought the game when I was like fucking 10 and I got home couldn't play it. You needed that red shit Cartridge on your n64. I was mad had to waste another 20 bucks. Not a lot to say about the game either other than it was good. You could be a goron and shit and there was a moon on its face.

Also the greatest game? Maybe but to me final fantasy 9 or 10 was a masterpiece.

10. Although I had more fun playing Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask was undeniably a masterpiece. The game could have been a goddamn novel. The emotional depth of the story puts OoT to shame.

11. What are you talking about?

12. You can't have one without the other all zelda games are epic I know we all wished we could be link and end up being the hero of time and kicking ass

13. Good Review:bongin::metal:

i like ocarina of time better, :pMMwas good 2 though.

14. I played MM first so it always has that special spot in my heart (I didnt have a 64 till MM came out). The clock was an awesome feature, i always felt like i was in a race to save the world. The masks spiced everything up and the quests to get them were usually pretty fun. The fact you could transform into different races was awesome as a little kid. I probably played 75% of the game as Zora link.

Not saying OoT wasnt good, because it was fucking fantastic. I know i loved all the temples ( even the water temple). Plus, in my opinion the soundtrack was just sooooooooo much better in OoT. Some of those songs are my favorite songs from any video game.

15. [quote name='"camcannabis2727"']

What are you talking about?[/quote]

I played this game. Beat the game. Got all the masks and after all that ... I just thought really?

16. Ocarina of Time was better than Marjora's Mask. AINEC.

17. Can we please all just agree that A Link to the Past was the greatest zelda game ever?

18. Yeah I agree with you man, MM is my second favorite in the series and OoT is my third. WW will always be my favorite though.