Mainstream music is GOOD.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ASAPDEV, Aug 11, 2012.

1. are those the top songs or are those simply singles? because it says singles, nothing about being the top songs of 2011 or 2012

I only ask because the top 10 rap/hip-hop songs of 2011 list that i'm looking at right now is substantially different than what you posted. But I'd like to think that you wouldn't just fake it to prove a point. right? ;-)

2. [quote name='"shitloaf"']

mainstream music is mediocre. has been for a long time.

I don't understand how corporate led BS can be the "right direction" ever.[/quote]

Take the songs in that picture compare them to the 2007 songs in the post above, which is better? And don't say some half assed answer like "they both suck"

It should be very apparent since then, mainstream stepped it up. Aka "going in the right direction"

3. Most of the songs in that screenshot aren't even rap.. Lmao fail.

4. #64 Broosh, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    top rap songs of 2011 as told by BILLBOARD (you'll have to tell me where you came up with your top 10 list)

10. Chris Brown - She Aint You
    9. Nicki Minaj - Moment 4 Life
    8. Trey Songz - Can't Be Friends
    7. Big Sean - My Last
    6. Waka Flocka Flame - No Handz
    5. Marsha Ambroshius - Far Away
    4. DJ Khaled - I'm On One
    3. Chris Brown - Look at me Now
    2. Kelly Rowland - Motivation
    1. Miguel - Sure Thing

if you think that those songs aren't better than what i posted in 2007, again, i have NO idea what to tell you.

I don't even like most of those songs on the top 10 but I can tell that they're substantially better than the other ones.

keep in mind no where did i say that mainstream music is GOOD (the OP did, although i could find enjoyment in some mainstream music), i'm saying that it's getting BETTER and it's going in the right direction.

5. 2006 Hip hop & RnB > All mainstream ever

6. ITT NowIsB admits he is stuck in the past.

7. [quote name='"Broosh"']
    keep in mind no where did i say that mainstream music is GOOD (the OP did, although i could find enjoyment in some mainstream music), i'm saying that it's getting BETTER and it's going in the right direction.[/quote]

Me saying it's good is more so to provoke thought. I'm very well aware of the wackness of a lot of mainstream music, but at the same time when as I keep listening it gets better.
    That's why I said that. But even now I prefer modern independent artists and I like a lot of industry cats as well. Including ignorant ass artists such as Waka Flocka.

8. lol keep my name out yo mouth idk you

9. I actually really appreciate this. I read the whole thing through and I completely agree. I am the same way. back in my high school days I actually emcee'd a little bit and I was heavily influenced by the underground, I used to not be able to stand mainstream hip hop at all, to the point of me not even wanting to listen to rap anymore. however recently I have noticed a tremendous amount of talent in a lot of the new up coming mainstream artists. I've actually converted back to heartily enjoying mainstream rap again. I've noticed an extremely big improvement on the lyricism and rhyme scheme as well as the beats. less loops and more intricate sounding tunes. I am very please with commercial hip hop within the past year and a half or so.

10. I've only heard half the songs off that list but the ones I have heard are fucking awful.

Anyone who has to listen to commercial radio all day at work will tell you that mainstream music is the most generic overplayed faggot sounding music that slowly but surely consumes your soul.

11. [quote name='"didier12"']

I've only heard half the songs off that list but the ones I have heard are fucking awful.

Anyone who has to listen to commercial radio all day at work will tell you that mainstream music is the most generic overplayed faggot sounding music that slowly but surely consumes your soul.[/quote]

I don't hear that at all actually except from people on this forum.