Mainlining everything

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hom3grown0815, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Thought you weren't supposed to do that to autos? I would like to see that. Shit, I would say it's revolutionary the way I see these other guys talking about them.

2. It does take a longer veg period. But to be honest I dont even keep track of time anymore. Like when when I put shit in. I just go by when it looks ready to go in and when it looks ready to come out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh yeah, people are topping them all over the place. Very common. Mainlining an auto not common but should be. But I hear ya, I always mainlined my photos and was scared to touch my autos. I would top them once and they would just split in two. I tried high topping them which is an excellent method for autos. But when I got ahead on my stash I started mainlining. At first I thought 4 top was all they could handle, but now, 4 or 8, your choice. Online info which may usually be good doesn't apply to autos and should be largely ignored. You really need to be there with the scissors at the third node, day 14 normal, sooner if good, and then it goes very quick. Final top to 4 or 8 day 28, then hang on and give them light.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's an auto[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. That's her now[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Morning mainlining mofos!

So what youre actually saying is you can get these bitches mainlined within the Auto's veg period?

Then as the shoot pistils and start to stretch you just let the tops go?

Sorry, ive never ran autos but this is interesting.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. About five weeks of long hours for this baggie; unsure how long on short, but not too far away from the chop.
    IMG_20190326_172815.jpg
    New kid on the block (working on week two above ground)
    IMG_20190326_154850.jpg
    Image256.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, pretty much. I didnt grow the one I have though that was a buddy of mine plant that i cloned as he topped to mainline. He then ended up scrapping the whole plant so I took it and transplanted it and finished it lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cool beans bro. Never ran autos. I'm ordering some from Fast buds in the next 2-3weeks, along with some other goodies.

That looks pretty sick though. I love defying science. I see you have quite a knack for it too lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Do it all the time lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. or you can get them Thursday with a USPS tracking # from mephisto.

12. Just a spectator. Just wanted to chime in on this.. some rules are there for our own safety. got to learn which ones to break and which ones to follow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yep

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pulling up a chair for this one! Always was curious what it was and how its done... now I see!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Going to try it with autos. Not sure when yet

• Like Like x 2
  16. [​IMG]

My current first attempt at a mainline, I know it got a little too tall. it stretched too much early on but I can stake it or something when I need to. Doing some lst on two mains and ordered some bendy ties to hold them down. When would you recommend me to top these two? I plan on getting this somewhat big it will be the only plant to fill up a 3 by 3 or a 4 by 4. Also when mainlining what is a good amount of space to leave for each plant for the future when I do more than one plant at once? Thanks this is a great thread

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  17. Homegrown will he around shortly im sure, the mainline master! His mainlining is unreal!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  18. on that auto in the picture, you need to do it now. That will give you 4 tops. I would suggest you just grow those 4 tops and not top any further since you are slightly behind schedule. After you top, then consider your plant to be in full flower and any advice for photos in full flower now also applies to you. You are like at the day they flip. Happened fast didn't it?

19. I would top it now. Try to get your mains as parallel to the floor as possible. How many tops do you plan to top for?

As far as spacing with many plants goes, it would depend on the size you are looking to let them grow and how many you want. I flower In a 4ft by 12ft space. 12 plants the size 8 like to grow them will fill it up. I really dont keep up with veg time anymore. But I top for 8 mains and allow them to grow to the edges of a 5 gallon smart pot before allowing them to turn up. Keeping everything as parallel as possible to the floor. No matter how much training involved.