Maine to allow growing?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by WeedBratton, Mar 19, 2011.

1. #1 WeedBratton, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
  2. Thanks for the link that was a very interesting article, comments too. It would be a hop skip and a jump for me. The Winters are absolutely brutal though and we get enough here as it is. Portland is a pretty nice city and would be your best bet for employment. Alot of barron terrain if your out of city limits. I would definitely consider moving to Maine if I could transfer...

3. #3 Zephyr29, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    I live in Maine, I am very glad to hear my republican state representatives have proposed to increase of usable amount to 5oz and treat it as a civil offense rather than criminal. Also, decriminalization of up to 6 plants would be awesome!

4. WOW, that is really cool... Wish i lived in maine

5. I'm a Maine resident as well. It is already decriminalized for possession up to 2.5 oz to clarify. As a poster above noted they are trying to bump it up to 5 oz. The six plants would be icing on the cake. Also the max fine for possession is looking to be drastically reduced from $1000 to $250. Maine has always been in favor of marijuana when voting so hopefully we stay that way.

6. My apologies, I must've misread, I'll edit the first post to reflect the proper information.

7. If this passes it would be great.

8. wow that we be nice...hopefully other states would follow

9. Can't wait to come back home now even more!

10. Wow, Washington and Maine. If enough states legalize it does the gov HAVE to make it legal?

11. #11 UmphPool, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    There keeping it illegal until they can try to make a profit. The states operate like little countries one must legalize and see how the state flourishes or declines

12. Pack your bags kids we're moving to Maine!

13. have been busted in maine without card while growing plants. received a $450 fine including court fees, had 5 plants confiscated. ALL THIS IS TRUE

EDIT: it is considered a civil violation, you show up to a joke of a court room, half of the people were busted for exactly the same thing.

14. I am in NY as well. I always wanted to live in Maine, hey dude I will split the cost for the gas. Come pick me up.

15. My car was wrecked a few weeks ago, I'm just going to sell all my shit and fly there.

16. jetblue to portland man, cheap as hell!

17. You sound like your serious, keep us all posted. Portland is a nice city too.

18. Portland's dope, besides the munjoy hill area.