Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Maine Outdoor.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Coley69C, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Hey guys, I'm bac after many sucessful harvests indoor, Got my licence so i'm a patient, I'm ready to go. I'm tired of growing indoor, All of my buddies that farm outside I enjoy their product 10x more than my own or others that I have met. My question is, When is the right time to sart growing in Southern Maine? I'm right on the coast, my friends all game me uneducated guesses and I don't play that game. And also, what type of Soils or do some perfer just in the ground? thanks for your help guys, Provide me with the best answers everytime! - Coley

2. [quote name='"Coley69C"']Hey guys, I'm bac after many sucessful harvests indoor, Got my licence so i'm a patient, I'm ready to go. I'm tired of growing indoor, All of my buddies that farm outside I enjoy their product 10x more than my own or others that I have met. My question is, When is the right time to sart growing in Southern Maine? I'm right on the coast, my friends all game me uneducated guesses and I don't play that game. And also, what type of Soils or do some perfer just in the ground? thanks for your help guys, Provide me with the best answers everytime! - Coley[/quote]

Hey man, I'm right in that southern area of Maine too. For starting time, for obvious reasons I can't give you a specific time to put them out due to the varying conditions every year. I'd strongly advise you to start them indoors and then transport them outdoors gradually when the weather shows it will remain positive and won't be harmful to your plants. Last year I put them outdoors around the end of may-very beginning of June. As for soil, that's an entire other topic. Last year I used straight promix bx in 20 gallon grow bags and then relied on nutes. But my strongest recommendations to you is to buy promix bx and then foxfarm's happy frog and then mix them approximately 50/50 so your plants have some nutes in the soil as well. I definitely wouldn't just put them in the ground/soil. Hope this helps

3. Thanks alot man! i'm excited to get going with growing this summer, appriciate it alot!

4. Also, what is the best suited strain for this area, I've been trying to find clones but I've been very unsuccessful.

5. Has ur luck turned around with getting clones?

6. Nope haha.

7. Im in Augusta and want to starts cloning business. I would be willing to give u one free if u grow it n share the grow on here so others will know my clones. I got white widow..white Siberian..trainwreck...strawberry cough...strawberry deisel...kings kush...night shade...Hindu kush.....plus some more in development

8. Message me your digits man if you want. i'm down for that.

9. Im down in the portland area and I usually put out my plants in accordance to the farmer's almanac. Never had a ruined crop before.

10. Yeah man I'm in the bath brunswick area so ill check out the almanac thanks man

11. When the temps arent so cold you should pop youre seeds.id say pretty soon.you just dont want it to be too cold

12. Early riser and timewarp do great here in the Midwest, your current soil determines what you should add to the soil.

13. You need an early finisher- 50-60 days. It's the fall rains and the morning dews that will bring on the bud rot in the fall. Good Luck