Maine legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by kush70, Oct 18, 2020.

1. 43D6FE27-3FDF-4049-BF7C-0784255D6664.png Lol keep your fucking 65 an eighth...lower than Massachusetts. how pathetic

Wow quite the rip job

2. Same thing in jersey ...for medical patients no less. ....Bastards ... :angry:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yep.

And they wonder why folks’d rather buy underground.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yeah, fuck legal if it's $500/oz. Why not charge $1,000/oz and make twice as much money. Something tells me they won't be collecting as much taxes as they expect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 snoeproe, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    You can buy top grade AAA/AAAA legal bud in Canada for $35-$40/7g and around $100/oz. Those are sale prices and in Canadian dollars. You can minus 30% to convert that to US dollars.
    The black market is still around but it isn’t near what it used to be. Gotta love legal bud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Problem with charging those prices, the black market weed will thrive. The legal stuff won’t sell.
    Part of the reason for legalizing cannabis is to close the black market down.

7. Its ALL about the massive income for The Man.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stopping black market sales is only an excuse they use to bullshit the public. They know full well that with the high price of legal weed the black market will continue to thrive. It's about the money and only the money. They use the black market/harm reduction excuse as a way of rationalizing making legal a substance the government has traditionally demonized as bad enough to lock up users. They never claimed the reason they originally made cannabis illegal was because users might get tainted pot on the black market, it was the cannabis itself that was supposed to be harmful.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. $55 USD an eighth is highway robbery.

10. I scoped out the recreational store in southern maine and they were advertising chocolate mint flower at 16 dollars a gram. This better be some crazy amazing stuff at 16 dollars a gram. Yeah nooooo thanks. I will be content growing my own finely cured product.

11. Yeah all these greedy clowns in new legal states want to bend everyone over with prices and taxes on top of them. At least Maine lets you grow 3 plants. Should be way more, (should be no limit, but government wouldn't allow it and too many idiot cowards that are terrified of actual freedom) but it's better than years in prison and a felony for a single plant like some states.

Including as mentioned, NJ, which should be becoming legal if (and almost certainly will) pass a rec Bill on election day but will probably end up keeping growing super illegal (felony 3 yr mandatory min sentence for 1 plant currently) all the while they will fuck people over with prices too.