MAIN TOP COLA STEM SNAPPED IN HALF

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TocaCannaBowl, Feb 10, 2016.

1. I was moving the plant for watering the top cola stem snapped in half due to the bud weight i should have tied it but i forgot to so im wondering i put the top cola stem with flowering buds in a water vase will it continue to grow ? Will it grow roots again and just plant it in soil? How about if i just left it in the water vase will it continue to produce the buds? It has about 3-4 more weeks to go till harvest. Should i just dry it out and smoke it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 kyla420, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
    I would listen to oldskool

3. Tape it back together. I'm not kidding.

4. I put the cola in water right after it broke its been there for about 2 days its alive

5. Two days might preclude the possibility of taping it back together (which works great when done immediately or at minimum asap).

At this point, you might want to dry and cure it.

6. so the cola stem will not start to grow roots ? What if i just left it in the water vase and keep changing the water

7. Two days is too long to tape it back so better luck if it happens again. It won't grow roots. It's in full flower stage. Just harvest it and call it a draw.

8. What would happen if i just keep it in the water vase ?

9. You would probably get bud rot because of the amount of humidity surrounding the bud.

10. I think it was fully answered, unless I missed something

11. if I leave the cola in the water vase will it finish flowering stage will the buds get fatter it has about 2-3 weeks left till harvest?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. what I'm trying to find out is if I can finish it growing on the water vase it has about 2 weeks left will it produce more buds or will it just stay the same?

13. I don't think it will finish flower, You can put in 24 hr light to reveg and clone,

14. no you will get bud rot.

15. No its a lost cause now, just dry it or try for a clone...

16. so am I able to get a clone even if the top cola is snapped in half?

17. I don't have any clone solution can I just plant the vegged clone in the soil?

18. if its just the top cola the rest of the plant is still going to do its thing right, just the detached part is useless (not completly useless just no point in trying anything at this point imo) and as for trying to clone in soil without any rooting hormone is pretty hard to get it to root, from what i have done anyways. P.S pics always help with diagnosis and tips