Main Stem seems broken from LST

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by rocks, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Hi, this one hasn't stopped growing or anything..but I just noticed that the main stem broke because of the LST. It's not completely broken the whole way through, but as you can see in the picture..it looks a little broken..any suggestions?

2. That is a huge and terrible picture hehe. I'm no lst expert (im doing my first lst now) but I'd say you need to splint that plant and not worry about lst until is has healed a bit.

3. lessen the tension on the stem a little.
    the stem will repiar itself in the form of a knot like in a tree.
    next time be more careful (you knew that)
    the stalk of a healthy specimine should look like a straw when you whack it, hollow on the inside ..... this helps deliver nutes, water, EVERYTHING that makes a plant and when it's kinked it slows the flow of EVERYTHING...
    good luck ... she'll be fine

4. Digital cameras these days has wonderful lil LCD screens on them in the back that shows you exactly what the CCD (optics) is seeing and focusing on, perhaps you should use that lil cool feature before you snap the picture.

Just leave the stem alone it will be fine.

5. hey yea sorry for that bad pic.. here are two better ones, she'll be fine? :smoking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. as you can see, the reason i broke the stem is by pulling it down so far to try and keep the canopy even, i think it's a nice LST though..bump