Main cola is small

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Telebubbies, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Hey. So from my previous grows, I noticed that this one is a little off. I am 5 weeks on the dot into flowering. The strain is LSD. The main cola has a long, thick and healthy stem. But the bud sites seem to be small. Like, with my other grows, the buds would grow on more stem. Will more bud grow as time goes on? I am worried ):

I am growing under 2 300W viparspectra LED lights

Attached Files:

2. Looks pretty fat to me for 5 weeks brotha. I would invest in some LST your next grow and turn 1 cola into 10

• Like Like x 2
  3. It would help if you shut the led off when taking pics. Use a source of white light like your house lights when taking pics.

You still have plenty of grow time left. She'll plump up. Lsd is one of my favorite strains to smoke and grow.

4. And buds will commonly put most of their weight on around weeks 7-8

5. Looks pretty damn good to me. If you want some advice, look into good LST methods. Getting an even canopy can go a long way to providing better light intensity evenly and huge buds. I'm doing an LST grow right now in my journal if you want to take a look.

6. Damn your plants look good. So I am gonna go LST to my new plants. I have germinated 10 gorilla glue #4 autos. So to get this straight, LST is basically pinning the stems and leaves down to expose more light over the entire plant?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks!

Exactly. Its incredibly easy too. I make my plants crawl on the ground during veg with that bendy rubber coated wire. It's all low relatively low stress too so you dont have to worry as much about them recovering or being stunted by topping too late or too early. Just put each branch where you want it to grow and keep up with the growth with more pins every week or so.

8. So I heard LST isn't bad for autos. But topping is because it will stun the growth with its limited veg? So for autos, I will definitely LST like how you did. But should I top? And also, when it starts flowering, should I lollipop it? These will be Gorilla Glue #4 autos

• Like Like x 1
  9. There is a limited window for auto's when you can top without hurting the plant. This can be anywhere from a week long window to a few day window. This window is right before flower when growth is about to first take off. During this time the effects of topping are minimized and wont hurt the yield much. The trouble here is finding that window for each auto. Too soon and it will stunt the growth but too late and it wont be growing anymore at all in flower.

I've found that LSTing is usually enough to get the desired results. A mess up can cost a month or more in waiting for the plant to mature correctly turning a 60 day strain into a 90 day is a long wait for little reward. Of course, when done right you can get great results so its a risk/reward type thing.

With LST, you can get light to every part of the plant meaning every leaf is getting good light which is wonderful because you dont need to defoliate at all until the leaves start dying. You're maximizing the potential for each branch. Even the smallest buds will be pretty good size and popcorn should be eliminated just about all together. On my current LST'd auto, I show a shot of the under canopy. You can see the smaller buds even look pretty ripe.

There are lots of great methods. Lollipopping, Mainlining, Topping, FMing. The list goes pretty long for things you can do to a plant. It's all great stuff too. For auto's alone though I've found that the lower the stress, the better the results.