mail or flight my bong to italy

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by fottimadrejones, Jul 14, 2015.

1. hi everyone, i have just bought a big bong in california and i want to take it back to italy, what should i do? is safe to mail it? or is safer if i keep it with me in the fly? sorry for my english but i'm from italy and i'm here just for vacation.
    more info: i'll take a direct flight from LA to italy, my bong is new and never been used, if i mail it should i put some tabacco inside to make it seem for tabacco use? should i call it bong or water pipe?.
    thanks!!

2. You should be good either way, as long as it is unused and as long as Italy has no laws against it. I'd just pack it in a lot of bubble wrap and bring it on flight. Glass or acrylic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Bubble wrap! But you should be fine man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Call it a water pipe.

5. I agree with you

6. Take on the flight as long as you haven't used it it's a souvenir and nothing else for all they know

7. unused pipes = completely legal to possess and do whatever you want with.

8. #9 roorforcrumble, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
    Hmmm tough one, basically comes down to which way is the most likely for it to arrive intact. I have shipped something to Italy before and there is no insurance offered. So I would probably go with carrying it yourself and being always mindful and not store it overhead. As we all know things get a little rough with people jamming in their own luggage, and maneuvers during flight.

I would keep it very protected and each part individually packed in bubble wrap, like it probably came when they gave it to you. I want to say keep it under your seat but this is a really tough call. But what I said is probably what I would do since it offers the least risk imo. But do as you see fit and think about it some more. As I am not perfect and there could be a better way I haven't considered.

Also stick around here, we need more Italians. :)

9. I would honestly just ship it, not worth have TSA pull it out infront of everyone. They will see it in X-Ray and be like dafuck? They will go through your belongings If you take it on the flight. They go through your stuff in front of everyone. Shipping priority is a better bet IMO packing peanuts and lots and lots of bubble rap. Might be about 20$ or so to ship. Depending on weight.