Magnesium deficiency

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by D1rty_K, Apr 12, 2018.

1. I'm wondering how long the purple will take to go away and if I have to wait until it's gone to flower I'm in week 3 from a clone so it's probably 5 weeks old total the veins are finally green again and the bottoms of the stems are green also just the tops and striping in the stalks remains 1523541881740.jpg 1523541898883.jpg 1523541927277.jpg 1523541962667.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What are your temps like in lights on vs lights off? The leaves look really good - wondering if you don't even have a deficiency - in cooler temps (say 60s Fahrenheit overnight) stems can go purple but the plants are fine...

If it is a deficiency it should clear up in a week or two if the nute issue has been corrected

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. The low is about 68 to 69°f I have a heater enclosed in a tarp around a closet lol the stems were PURPLE AF lol but now they have gotten a lot better I was originally thinking temps were the problem but I added the tarp and they have been very stable since humidity is very low arou d 30% and I've been giving 1 tsp and a splash extra cal mag with the 3part fox farms (- tiger bloom obviously still in veg) the lighter green plant is mystery meat shes been thru alot 3 most of 24 hrs light in a cupboard lol shes recovering now kinda nicely still very scraggly tho she needs to beef up

• Like Like x 1
  4. Leaves look very healthy. I think there is no deficiency.

Just make sure PH, and Fert/Watering schedule are in order, and blast em with light.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I've been doing feed nothing plain ph water nothing feed and so forth spraying ph water every day or so 1523559426545.jpg 1523559463037.jpg

6. These are the 3rd plant has some yellowing and sagging larger outer leaves inside branches are purple but healthy looking otherwise as well as new growth... mystery meat was also starting to flower when I got the clones and I set her back to 18 6 with them and she stopped growing the buds and started new veg growth pretty cool 1523559873665.jpg 1523560081472.jpg

7. #8 Steakbomb, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    That looks like a nitrogen deficiency, maybe. Really could be any of a few things nute-wise. Since you mention you've been giving them plain water, you may want to start giving them a low dosage of nutes.

8. I've been doing

Day 1Nute feeding
    Day 2Nothing
    Day3Plain water
    Day4Nute feeding
    Day5Nothing
    Day 6Plain water
    Type of schedule for them

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ah my bad - misread it in your other post.

10. Add calmag at 250 ppm on water days and make sure to ph

11. Just on feeding days or plain water days too
    And I don't have a ec or PM meter

12. If u don’t have a ph or ppm meter in coco ur hurting yourself cus it’s a form of hydro. Never feed just plain water in coco

13. I'm using fox farms strawberry fields soil coco mix it's about 30%coco

14. Oh sorry thought ya said coco so the coco just helps retain water

15. "A common "symptom" of a cannabis phosphorus deficiency is red or purple stems. It's important to remember that some cannabis strains naturally grow with red or purple stems even when all their nutrient needs are being fulfilled, so red or purple stems is not a symptom to worry about on its own.

Do not mistake natural reddish-purple colored stems for a phosphorous deficiency!

When you notice that stems are turning red or purple starting from underneath, it may be a sign of a phosphorus deficiency only if accompanied by other symptoms. If the only symptom shown by your plant is red or purple stems, and you are not seeing any other signs of splotches or unhealthy leaves, the red or purple stems are likely caused by the genetics of your plant. If that's the case, you have nothing to worry about."
    [​IMG]
    Cannabis Phosphorus Deficiency - See the Symptoms & Get the Solution! | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. It's possible a slight increase in P and K could help. Red/purple stems are a sign of P deficiency not magnesium far as I know. Cannabis loves P in my experience. I feed double the P compared to nitrogen even in veg.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The main symptom of too much nitrogen is very dark green leaves. The leaf in one of your first pictures tells me to not increase the nitrogen at all. Many standard nutrient lines and schedules IMO that are made for just general purpose plants are too low in P for cannabis. Cannabis like about a 1-2-2 npk ratio. Roughly twice as much phosphorus and potassium compared to nitrogen. That's what I stick to in hydro even in veg and it works great. Green healthy plants with no deficiencies.

• Like Like x 1